    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    --Lao-tzu
    B r ia n, May 11, 2004

  2. B r ia n

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 21:26:46 -0400, B r ia n <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > Hi all,

    G'day.

    > Been a long time, at least a year and a half,

    That's about when I started lurking here, so I have no idea who you are.
    :)

    > I've been mostly away from everything website related,

    And you've decided to come back? Bad move. Run away now while you still
    can.

    > just wondering if anything new and interesting is going on these days?

    Not AFAICT. Lots of frames questions, what screen size to design for,
    how to control the visitor's browser. Plenty of flame-wars.

    brucie is on sabbatical again. :)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, May 11, 2004

  3. B r ia n

    B r ia n Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2004 12:04:52 +1000, Mark Parnell
    <> wrote:

    >> I've been mostly away from everything website related,

    >And you've decided to come back? Bad move. Run away now while you still
    >can.

    Yeah, an idea popped into my head a few days ago, and I don't think I
    can ignore it this time. =)

    >> just wondering if anything new and interesting is going on these days?

    >Not AFAICT. Lots of frames questions, what screen size to design for,
    >how to control the visitor's browser. Plenty of flame-wars.

    Probably the same posts as before too.

    >brucie is on sabbatical again. :)

    I always liked Jukka and brucie, not because I agree with them but
    because they don't give cookie cutter responses =) more or less keep
    it interesting.

    B r ia n, May 11, 2004
  4. B r ia n wrote:

    > Been a long time, at least a year and a half, just wondering if
    > anything new and interesting is going on these days?

    Brucie has found his shift key. I think that has changed this group
    most...

    I'm looking for work | Etsin työtä
    Lauri Raittila, May 11, 2004
  5. While the city slept, B r ia n <> feverishly typed:

    > On Tue, 11 May 2004 12:04:52 +1000, Mark Parnell
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>> I've been mostly away from everything website related,

    >> And you've decided to come back? Bad move. Run away now while you
    >> still can.

    > Yeah, an idea popped into my head a few days ago, and I don't think I
    > can ignore it this time. =)

    Well... I hope it isn't one of those "ideas" that pops into your head and
    says "Kill them! Kill them all!!!" ;-)

    >>> just wondering if anything new and interesting is going on these
    >>> days?

    >> Not AFAICT. Lots of frames questions, what screen size to design for,
    >> how to control the visitor's browser. Plenty of flame-wars.

    > Probably the same posts as before too.

    And of course, all the posts advising coding to transitional doctype if you
    can't figure out how to code to strict!

    >> brucie is on sabbatical again. :)

    > I always liked Jukka and brucie, not because I agree with them but
    > because they don't give cookie cutter responses =) more or less keep
    > it interesting.

    Definately! When I first started here, Brucie offered to put me through his
    coffee grinder! But his and Jukka's advice is always sound and their
    knowledge is excellent. And I have my *own* coffee grinder these days!

    Welcome back Brian.

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss.

    nice.guy.nige, May 11, 2004
  6. Lauri Raittila wrote:
    > B r ia n wrote:
    >> just wondering if
    >> anything new and interesting is going on these days?

    > Brucie has found his shift key....

    no - he stole mine

    --
    William Tasso
    William Tasso, May 13, 2004
  7. B r ia n

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle William Tasso scribbled in the mud:

    > Lauri Raittila wrote:
    >> B r ia n wrote:
    >>> just wondering if
    >>> anything new and interesting is going on these days?

    >> Brucie has found his shift key....

    > no - he stole mine

    I didn't think Brucie needed a key to shift.

    --
    Duende
    Duende, May 14, 2004
  8. Duende wrote:

    > While sitting in a puddle William Tasso scribbled in the mud:
    >

    >>Lauri Raittila wrote:

    >>>Brucie has found his shift key....

    >>no - he stole mine

    > I didn't think Brucie needed a key to shift.

    What??
    Is Brucie already shifted?
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart