Hello looking for cost of average webpage surveys

Bob

Most recent survey I saw was from 2001. That survey found that the
following sized businesses spent the following amounts on their websites:

Small business: $65,000
Medium-sized business: $~250,000
Large business: $~500,000

All figures were averages. Any more recent figures?

Thx!

dorayme

Most recent survey I saw was from 2001. That survey found that the
following sized businesses spent the following amounts on their websites:

Small business: $65,000
Medium-sized business: $~250,000
Large business: $~500,000

All figures were averages. Any more recent figures?

Thx!

And how is "small business" to be defined and in which country,
or set of countries?

Andy Dingley

Small business: $65,000
Medium-sized business: $~250,000
Large business: $~500,000

Horoscopes are inaccurate (most obviously) because they treat humanity
as 12 tribes of identical clones. This survey seems to take a similar
view, that there are only 3 sorts of business and their business field
is irrelevant.

Leonard Blaisdell

dorayme said:
And how is "small business" to be defined and in which country,
or set of countries?

Convert US dollars to dorayme! That may be a US euphemism, though. And
our spelling is different. Google for 'Woody Guthrie doremi' :)

leo

dorayme

Convert US dollars to dorayme!
huh?

That may be a US euphemism, though.
huh?

And our spelling is different.
huh?

Google for 'Woody Guthrie doremi' :)

and huh again?

Blinky the Shark

dorayme said:
and huh again?

albeit that might be spelled dough-re-mi since it's related to the shorter
slang "dough" for "money". I don't know how long "bread" for "money" has
been around, but IIRC it got popular/mainstream in the late 1960s; I think
it may have been an outgrowth of "dough", which has been around for a long
time.

dorayme

Blinky the Shark said:
albeit that might be spelled dough-re-mi since it's related to the shorter
slang "dough" for "money". I don't know how long "bread" for "money" has
been around, but IIRC it got popular/mainstream in the late 1960s; I think
it may have been an outgrowth of "dough", which has been around for a long
time.

Maybe I should not try to get to the bottom of this. I know bread
and dough mean money... All is too cryptic... I was sort of
interested in the idea of the figure for website spending and
there are not too many "small businesses" I know that spend
anything like these amounts... I know that sb takes in a wide
net.... Anyway, it looks as if I am not going to get answers from
whoever gave these figure...

Bottom line: I will hold off for the moment sending my clients
notices accusing them of cheapskating...

Blinky the Shark

dorayme said:
Maybe I should not try to get to the bottom of this. I know bread and
dough mean money... All is too cryptic... I was sort of interested in the
idea of the figure for website spending and there are not too many "small
businesses" I know that spend anything like these amounts... I know that
sb takes in a wide net.... Anyway, it looks as if I am not going to get
answers from whoever gave these figure...

Bottom line: I will hold off for the moment sending my clients notices
accusing them of cheapskating...

Probably a drive-by. And someone's software (or some newbie) is stripping
attributions.

Leonard Blaisdell

Blinky the Shark said:
albeit that might be spelled dough-re-mi since it's related to the shorter
slang "dough" for "money". I don't know how long "bread" for "money" has
been around, but IIRC it got popular/mainstream in the late 1960s; I think
it may have been an outgrowth of "dough", which has been around for a long
time.

Thanks for the clarification! I'm pretty sure I confused 'My Favorite
Martian' and some others from elsewhere. Nevertheless, we all toil for
the dorayme [sic].
I think she'll like that.

leo

Blinky the Shark

Leonard said:
Blinky the Shark said:
albeit that might be spelled dough-re-mi since it's related to the
shorter slang "dough" for "money". I don't know how long "bread" for
"money" has been around, but IIRC it got popular/mainstream in the late
1960s; I think it may have been an outgrowth of "dough", which has been
around for a long time.

Thanks for the clarification! I'm pretty sure I confused 'My Favorite
Martian' and some others from elsewhere. Nevertheless, we all toil for the
dorayme [sic].

Local Dough Trivia (USan reference): And I shot one season of the game
show Tic-Tac-Dough, with Wink Mardindale. :)

USan Game Show Trivia: Wink is one of only two game show hosts (new
MTV-type programming perhaps excluded) to have been performing in a band
when it placed a tune on the Top 40.

Leonard Blaisdell

Blinky the Shark said:
USan Game Show Trivia: Wink is one of only two game show hosts (new
MTV-type programming perhaps excluded) to have been performing in a band
when it placed a tune on the Top 40.

<old_time_usa_only>
No Idea. But I _think_ I used to hear Wink Martindale along with Bill
Balance on KFWB in the early sixties. I know I listened to Bill Balance
on that station. That was in a tiny town in Western Nevada. We blessed
AM wattage over the Sierra. Don't suppose you remember Skipper Sedley on
KRON TV? Or Mayor Art?
</old_time_usa_only>
Who was he?

leo

dorayme

Leonard Blaisdell said:
Thanks for the clarification! I'm pretty sure I confused 'My Favorite
Martian' and some others from elsewhere. Nevertheless, we all toil for
the dorayme [sic].
I think she'll like that.

leo

I now am noticing these little pics in the top left corner and
see you have a nice one too Leo. Just 2 qs:

Did you shoot the beast it came from?

Want to join me on the French German border? I might be able to
use your skills in the hunt for Luigi's attackers...

Greg N.

Andy said:
Horoscopes are inaccurate

Yeah, but there are plenty people around who believe them.
This survey seems to take a similar view

When I worked in marketing, we used to make up bull like this all the
time. In a world where belief is taken for a virtue and skepticism
deemed unpatriotic, this works just fine.