    From: "Joe Smith" <>
    Newsgroups: comp.lang.perl
    Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 2:49 PM
    Subject: Re: using activestate perl

    > Wade Ward wrote:
    >> My machine, even after installing komodo, has no associations for .cgi or
    >> .pl

    > 1) Re-install ActiveState perl.
    > 2) Post to comp.lang.perl.misc, not this newsgroup (it is defunct).

    I've never tried forwarding with an ng; a bit of a test. Discourages
    prolixity: a good thing. I'll do a careful re-installation of activestate.
    --
    WW

    Wade Ward, Apr 30, 2007

  2. Wade Ward

    Wade Ward Guest

    "Wade Ward" <> wrote in message
    >> Wade Ward wrote:
    >>> My machine, even after installing komodo, has no associations for .cgi
    >>> or .pl

    >> 1) Re-install ActiveState perl.

    Responding to myself, sort of. The install doesn't go off without errors.
    These might be peculiar to the 21 day trial version. I removed the former
    installation, rebooted and re-installed, and it found my last version of
    "hello world." I seem to be in the same place.
    --
    Wade Ward

    Wade Ward, Apr 30, 2007

  3. Wade Ward

    Wade Ward Guest

    "Wade Ward" <> wrote in message

    >>> 1) Re-install ActiveState perl.

    > Responding to myself, sort of. The install doesn't go off without errors.
    > These might be peculiar to the 21 day trial version. I removed the former
    > installation, rebooted and re-installed, and it found my last version of
    > "hello world." I seem to be in the same place.

    Now I'm definitely responding to myself. The link with the screendumps
    didn't post:
    http://www.billfordx.net/2007-04-30a.htm
    whoops.
    --
    WW

    Wade Ward, May 1, 2007
  4. Wade Ward

    Ian Wilson Guest

    Wade Ward wrote:
    > "Wade Ward" <> wrote in message

    >>Responding to myself, sort of. The install doesn't go off without errors.
    >>These might be peculiar to the 21 day trial version. I removed the former
    >>installation, rebooted and re-installed, and it found my last version of
    >>"hello world." I seem to be in the same place.

    > Now I'm definitely responding to myself. The link with the screendumps
    > didn't post:
    > http://www.billfordx.net/2007-04-30a.htm
    > whoops.

    Your problem is with the Komodo IDE. Maybe the Komodo installer doesn't
    include ActivePerl and you need to separately install ActivePerl?

    If you open a Command Prompt and type `perl -v` what exact message do
    you get?

    If it gives you some version information, type
    `perl -e "print qw(Hello World\n)"
    What message do you get?

    Have you read the "Software Prerequisites on Windows" section in
    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/Komodo/4.0/readme.html

    Ian Wilson, May 1, 2007
  5. Wade Ward

    Wade Ward Guest

    "Ian Wilson" <> wrote in message
    > Wade Ward wrote:
    >> "Wade Ward" <> wrote in message

    >>>Responding to myself, sort of. The install doesn't go off without
    >>>errors. These might be peculiar to the 21 day trial version. I removed
    >>>the former installation, rebooted and re-installed, and it found my last
    >>>version of "hello world." I seem to be in the same place.

    >> Now I'm definitely responding to myself. The link with the screendumps
    >> didn't post:
    >> http://www.billfordx.net/2007-04-30a.htm
    >> whoops.

    > Your problem is with the Komodo IDE. Maybe the Komodo installer doesn't
    > include ActivePerl and you need to separately install ActivePerl?
    >

    > If you open a Command Prompt and type `perl -v` what exact message do you
    > get?
    >
    > If it gives you some version information, type
    > `perl -e "print qw(Hello World\n)"
    > What message do you get?

    http://www.billfordx.net/2007-05-01a.htm
    Thanks for your reply. The above screenshot shows me still slightly short
    of square one.

    > Have you read the "Software Prerequisites on Windows" section in
    > http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/Komodo/4.0/readme.html

    I'll get on it now.
    --
    Wade Ward

    Wade Ward, May 2, 2007
  6. Ian Wilson <> wrote:

    > `perl -e "print qw(Hello World\n)"

    ^^ ^^
    ^^ ^^

    ITYM "qq" instead of "qw".

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, May 2, 2007
  7. Wade Ward

    Wade Ward Guest

    "Ian Wilson" <> wrote in message
    > Tad McClellan wrote:
    >> Ian Wilson <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> perl -e "print qw(Hello World\n)"

    >> ^^ ^^
    >> ^^ ^^
    >>
    >> ITYM "qq" instead of "qw".
    >>

    > Oops yes, thanks for the correction.

    'perl' is not recognized as a command.
    --
    WW

    Wade Ward, May 3, 2007
  8. Wade Ward

    Wade Ward Guest

    "Ian Wilson" <> wrote in message
    > Wade Ward wrote:
    >>
    >> 'perl' is not recognized as a command.

    > Download and install ActivePerl.

    I installed ActivePerl in c:\perl\ and found perl.exe in c:\perl\bin\. I
    changed komodo so that the command line finds perl.exe and do, at long last,
    have hello world. I really appreciate your help:)
    --
    WW

    Wade Ward, May 4, 2007