Hello

Moises Montenegro

Hello,

I'm new to the Ruby community, but I am very adamant about joining.
I apologize for the inital #help command that was incorrectly sent here.

I'm a full-time web developer in Chicago.

I hope to contribute in the future.

Thanks,
Moises Montenegro

Johnny Morrice

I'm a full-time web developer in Chicago.

Do you use ruby at work?

There was a post recently where someone asked if learning ruby would
help them find a job. So, what tools do you use? Such a tale may be
beneficial to our learnings about the world and the things in it...

Cheers
Johnny

Phillip Gawlowski

Jake,
I have been reading Beginning Rails, and Beginning Ruby. the system that i have is Window 7 Professional I just wanted
to try to get it up and running so that I can start writing a program. I do not want give up on ruby. is their anyway that
someone can help me up load the program.

Does the installer at http://rubyinstaller.org/ not work?

Frankly, you are stating *that* you have a problem, but not *what*
problem you have, making it very difficult to help you solve your
problem.

--
Phillip Gawlowski

Though the folk I have met,
(Ah, how soon!) they forget
When I've moved on to some other place,
There may be one or two,
When I've played and passed through,
Who'll remember my song or my face.

jake kaiden

James Nathan wrote in post #992175:
is there a disk that we can seen off and use. so that we can all the
parts of ruby and ruby on rails. I would like this disk.
James Nathan
i don't know of any disk, but maybe some of this will help...

these two are the ruby and rails base class api's, which will give you
information on the built in classes and how to use them:
ruby-doc.org/core/
api.rubyonrails.org/

the "pragmatic guide" is also very good, and has examples and
tutorials:
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/

this is also a decent introduction tutorial:
http://www.troubleshooters.com/codecorn/ruby/basictutorial.htm

and, of course - there is my personal favorite, the "poignant-guide":
http://www.thinkingaloud.net/whys-poignant-guide-to-ruby/

-j

Vincent Manis

these two are the ruby and rails base class api's, which will give = you=20
information on the built in classes and how to use them:
ruby-doc.org/core/
api.rubyonrails.org/
=20
the "pragmatic guide" is also very good, and has examples and=20
tutorials:
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/
=20
this is also a decent introduction tutorial:
http://www.troubleshooters.com/codecorn/ruby/basictutorial.htm
=20
and, of course - there is my personal favorite, the "poignant-guide":
http://www.thinkingaloud.net/whys-poignant-guide-to-ruby/

These are all excellent books, and for those who really want to grok =
Ruby, the Poignant Guide is excellent. But for somebody who is brand =
new to Ruby, and to programming in general, I'd still recommend Ullman's =
Ruby: Visual Quickstart Guide as a really good place to start. It does =
things like walking you through installing Ruby, for example.=20

-- vincent=