helloworld comes up with 404.

nevin

Hi I am trying to load a new web service onto a production box and it's
just not working so I am now trying with helloworld which doesn't work
either.

I cannot publish to the server as vs2005 tells me the IIS on that box
doesn't have FPE even though it does so I copied the published files
from my dev box to the production server and manually created the
application setting in IIS.

the root folder of the app is in the wwwroot of the server so
http://server/helloworld/service.asmx should work but it gives a 404
error.

if I set directory browsing on the helloworld directory and go there I
can see all the files of the application in the directory. clicking
service.asmx gives 404!!
the IIS admin tool can also see the folder and all the files and
folders in the app directory.

The settings in IIS are exactly the same as on my dev box...I am an
admin on both machines and the asp.net user has full rights to the
directory and it's set to anonymous access on that directory.

I have no idea where to go now so can someone please give me any ideas?
thanks
Nev

nevin

nevin said:
[...]

Solved it almost straight after I posted this (even though I spent ages
searching previously)
Basically on win2003 server you have to forcibly allow asp.net and I
had not done that..doh!!