Help a Student Research: Notebook PC marketing questionnaire

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by J.Xue, Sep 21, 2003.

  1. J.Xue

    J.Xue Guest

    Hi, I am currently doing dissertation at Management School, the university
    of Sheffield. My project is to investigate effectiveness of international
    marketing of global notebook brands, with a focus on Dell's notebook. I
    would greatly appreciate if you could spend a few minutes to answer the
    questionnaire by clicking options and click "Submit" to send answers.

    For most convenient way to answer my questionnaire, could you please visit
    the web page below to "Submit" in my online questionnaire?

    http://www.geocities.com/jsxue/notebook.htm

    Alternatively, you can reply my email with highlighted answers in the
    questionnaire version below.

    Thank you very much for help.

    J.Xue

    ******************

    Your Information:

    1. Age

    under 18; 18-35; 35-45; above 45

    2. Gender

    male; female

    3. Home of Resident

    North America; Europe; Asian-Pacific (incl. Oceania);
    South America; Middle-East & Africa

    4. Occupation

    Student; Professional; Manager; Employment; Unemployment;
    Retired

    General Questions:

    5. Have you used a notebook computer?

    Yes; No (ignore question 6);

    6. Which brand do you use (or used)? (less than two) (delete other
    brands):

    ACER APPLE DELL Fujitsu Siemens Gateway HP/Compaq IBM Legend NEC SONY
    TOSHIBA Others

    Comment:
    a). Product: unsatisfied; fair; satisfied
    b). Service: unsatisfied; fair; satisfied

    ACER APPLE DELL Fujitsu Siemens Gateway HP/Compaq IBM Legend NEC SONY
    TOSHIBA Others

    Comment:
    a). Product: unsatisfied; fair; satisfied
    b). Service: unsatisfied; fair; satisfied

    7. If you have a choice to buy a new notebook, which brand would you
    prefer? (less than three, delete other brands):

    1st Choice: ACER APPLE DELL Fujitsu Siemens Gateway HP/Compaq IBM Legend
    NEC SONY TOSHIBA Others

    2nd Choice: ACER APPLE DELL Fujitsu Siemens Gateway HP/Compaq IBM Legend
    NEC SONY TOSHIBA Others

    3rd Choice: ACER APPLE DELL Fujitsu Siemens Gateway HP/Compaq IBM Legend
    NEC SONY TOSHIBA Others

    8. Please balance importance when you buy notebook:

    unimportant (mark 1)
    important (mark 2)
    very important (mark 3)
    extremely important (mark 4)

    a). Brand awareness

    b). Reasonable price

    c). Hardware specifications

    d). Mobility (e.g. weight)

    e). Designs (e.g. materials, looks)

    f). Quality & Stability

    g). Bundled software

    h). Compatibility

    i). Warranty & Service

    j). Others___________________________

    9. Which types of notebook would you prefer to buy?

    affordable price; mid-range; upper range; most latest technology

    10. Where do you prefer to buy?

    Notebook company's web; Internet dealer's web; Street retail shops

    please specify your reasons: ______________________

    11. Would you prefer company provide customization in notebook

    specifications?

    (1). Standard configured notebook, without any customizations (Factory
    default model);

    (2). Have a few customization (e.g. change RAM, software, warranty);

    (3). More parts can be customized (CPU, Optical Driver e.g. DVD/CD-ROM,
    Graphics Card);

    (4). Completely customized (customize whatever you want)

    ----------------------------------
    DELL Notebook PC Questions:

    12. Have you ever used DELL notebooks?

    Yes; No

    13. Could you please give comments on DELL's notebook?

    poor (mark 1)
    fair (mark 2)
    good (mark 3)
    very good (mark 4)

    a). Price

    b). Quality & Stability

    c). Products Designs

    d). Mobility

    e). Connectivity

    f). Bundled software

    g). Compatibility

    h). Warranty & Service

    i). Others_______________________

    14. Have you visited DELL's website?

    (1)Yes; (2)No

    15. Could you please give comments on DELL's website or Advertisement?

    poor (mark 1)
    fair (mark 2)
    good (mark 3)
    very good (mark4)

    a). Attractiveness of website design

    b). Providing product information

    c). Guidelines to help find right model

    d). Providing promotion information

    e). Easy to customize own notebook

    f). Feeling comfortable with online shopping

    Optional: Any additional comments? (e.g. about DELL's notebook, notebook
    marketing, or this questionnaire)

    Thank you very much.
    J.Xue, Sep 21, 2003

  2. That was fine... nice a quick and to the point. I hope many others will help
    you!
    Eleanor

    E. T. Culling, Sep 21, 2003