    print "Content-encoding: gzip\n";
    open(STDOUT,"| $gzippath -1 -c");
    print STDOUT $htmlstr;
    news.hinet.net, Aug 28, 2004

  2. news.hinet.net wrote:

    > If i setup proxy in IE. The web page will not show the the gzip contents.
    > But if i don't use proxy.The web page is correctly.

    Ho, this is a Perl newgroup. Here we discuss things related to Perl.
    You appear to be talking about a problem with a buggy (unspecified) HTTP
    proxy.
    Brian McCauley, Aug 28, 2004

  3. news.hinet.net wrote:

    > If i setup proxy in IE. The web page will not show the the gzip contents.
    > But if i don't use proxy.The web page is correctly.

    > print "Content-encoding: gzip\n";
    > open(STDOUT,"| $gzippath -1 -c");
    > print STDOUT $htmlstr;

    I might be barking up the wrong tree, but if you are trying to automatically
    gzip compress the http stream, you are way off course.

    See
    http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_deflate.html
    http://gregorytoomey.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=2&Itemid=2
    (section 2.3)