Help about Graphy Theory and Communication Networks C /C++ plz..

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by xeyder, Nov 15, 2005.

  1. xeyder

    xeyder Guest

    Hi everyone..
    I need help about graph theory ( network problems) ..

    I have below problem . Does anyone know any existence algorithms or
    solutions to this problem ??

    The Problems is:
    " We can use graphs to represent a communication network. In such
    graphs, the vertices
    represent communication stations and the edges represent communication
    links. Critical points are the vertices whose failure will result in
    the network
    becoming disconnected. Similarly, critical links are the edges whose
    failure will result a
    loss of communication. Sub components are the graphs which don't
    contain no critical
    points.

    In this experiment, you are supposed to develop a program that
    generates graph structure
    of a communication network given and implements some graph algorithms
    which help
    managing the network.
    For the given a communication network as an undirected graph G(V,E),
    write a program
    that will do the following :
    a) Find all critical points in G.
    b) Find all critical edges in G.
    c) Find the sub components in G."

    It is my assignment and I will code it in C/C++;.

    SO IS THERE ANY ALGORITHM/SOLUTION WAY for this problem..
    I am new to graph theory and this kind of maths..it is discrete maths
    problem I think ,
    Anyone has any idea?
    Plz help..
    Thanks in Advance..
    Xeyder

    xeyder, Nov 15, 2005

  2. xeyder

    pete Guest

    pete, Nov 15, 2005

  3. Re: Help about Graphy Theory and Communication Networks C /C++plz..

    "xeyder" <> writes:
    > I need help about graph theory ( network problems) ..
    >
    > I have below problem . Does anyone know any existence algorithms or
    > solutions to this problem ??

    [snip]

    We discuss the C programming language here, not algorithms. You might
    try comp.programming or one of the sci.math.* groups. Or, since it's
    an assignment, consult your textbook or your instructor.

    If you post some C code here, we can help you with it.

    > It is my assignment and I will code it in C/C++;.

    C and C++ are two different (but related) languages. There is no
    language called C/C++.

    Keith Thompson, Nov 15, 2005