Help! acts_as_nested_set Administration (add new item, delete item)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Namor, Jan 19, 2006.

  1. Namor

    Namor Guest

    Hi guys,

    I'm very very new to ruby and i'm trying to use acts_as_nested_set to
    create a database driver DHTML menu

    eg

    Code
    |-- Ruby
    | -- Rails
    About us

    The problem comes because I cant find any tutorials and the
    documentation doesnt help much

    Can someone show me how to create an administration for this DHTML menu
    module (scaffold style will do, and dont worry bout how to generate the
    menu. that is another problem)?

    I'm having problem trying to add items as a child..
    eg.. Ruby as a child of code, Rails as a child of Ruby

    Any help will be greatly appreciated!

    My current rough & nooby code

    def create
    @place = Place.new(params[:place])
    @place.save
    @parent = Place.find(@place.parent_id) unless @place.parent_id == 0
    if @parent
    if @parent.add_child(@place)
    flash[:notice] = 'Place was successfully created.'
    redirect_to :action => 'list'

    else
    render :action => 'new' #display error msg
    end
    else
    redirect_to :action => 'list'
    end