Help: Allowing a CDATA section

AdSR

Hi,

This question appeared before on this group, but I didn't find any
helpful answer. I have to allow a CDATA section inside a type (it's
derived by extension from an empty element type, if that makes any
difference). How do I do that? The XML Schema docs on www.w3.org don't
say that.

TIA,

AdSR

AdSR

Never mind, it's simple. Just do something like:

<xsd:complexType name="FillableType">
<xsd:complexContent mixed="true">
<xsd:extension base="NonFillableType">
<!-- Allow a CDATA section -->
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:any minOccurs="0" processContents="lax"/>
</xsd:sequence>
</xsd:extension>
</xsd:complexContent>
</xsd:complexType>

Richard Tobin

AdSR said:
This question appeared before on this group, but I didn't find any
helpful answer. I have to allow a CDATA section inside a type

XML Schemas operate on the Infoset, which does not distinguish between
CDATA sections and ordinary text. Any type that allows text in an
element will allow CDATA sections too.

-- Richard