Help: Ambiguous match found

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Eidolon, Oct 2, 2003.

  1. Eidolon

    Eidolon Guest

    Hi,
    I am having a problem with the above mentioned error, "Ambiguous match
    found".
    I have a new class i defined, PageBase. All my pages inherit from this, and
    this in turn inherits from System.Web.UI.Page.
    All works fine.

    Now, i have a property in the page < Protected ReadOnly Property Action As
    String >.
    In one of the inherited pages however, there is a new Action property which
    should be used, not this one.
    So i try to define my new property (a WebForms textbox) as:
    < Protected Shadows WithEvents action As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox >
    Compiles fine.
    When i run it though, i get the error.

    Everywhere ive looked i see this was a bug, but is supposed to be fixed in
    VS2003/.NET 1.1. Only problem is, im running Studio 2003 and all my
    components are framework 1.1 based. So why would i still be getting this
    error?

    Thanks in advance,
    - Eidolon.

    Eidolon, Oct 2, 2003

  2. Eidolon

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    Re: Ambiguous match found

    either rename your class or use a fully qualified name to decorate it like
    instead of
    ClassVar var = new ClassVar()
    you would say
    namespace.smallernamespace.tired.ClassVar new = new blah

    Alvin Bruney, Oct 3, 2003