help asap

Discussion in 'Python' started by the_proud_family, Dec 6, 2004.

  1. HELP ME PLEASE!! my email is

    I can't get the ball to go up right side and then I need it to turn

    around and keep turning until velocity=0 I have been at it for the

    past 2 weeks now i give up and call for help. Please if anyone can

    gide me through i will be so grateful!! I have pasted my code below

    from cmath import *

    from visual import *

    floor1 = box(length=10, height=0.5, width=4, color=color.blue)

    floor1.pos = (-6,4,0)

    floor1.axis= (5,-5,0)

    floor2 = box(length=10, height=0.5, width=4, color=color.blue)

    floor2.pos = (6,4,0)

    floor2.axis= (-5,-5,0)

    floor3 = box(length=7, height=0.5, width=4, color=color.blue)

    floor3.pos = (0,1.25,0)

    ball= sphere(radius=0.5, color=color.red)

    ball.pos=(-8.6,7.5,0)

    m=3. #kg

    angle=asin(3.6/5.)#radians

    g=-9.8

    mu=.2

    N=mgcos(angle)

    F=mgsin(angle)

    f=mu*N

    lax=(-Nsin(angle)+fcos(angle))/m

    lay=(-Ncos(angle)-fsin(angle)+m*g)/m

    rax=(+Nsin(angle)+fcos(angle))/m

    ray=(-Ncos(angle)-fsin(angle)+m*g)/m

    ds=0.01

    dt=0.01

    vx=lax*dt

    vy=lay*dt

    ball.velocity=vector(vx,vy,0)

    #print a

    while 1:

    rate(100)

    ball.velocity.x=ball.velocity.x+lax*dt

    ball.velocity.y=ball.velocity.y+lay*dt

    ball.pos=ball.pos+ball.velocity*dt

    if ball.x>-3.5 and ball.x<=3.5:

    vx=sqrt(2(-gball.y+0.5(vx2+vy2)-fds))

    ball.velocity.x=ball.velocity.x+mugdt

    ball.velocity.y=0

    ball.pos=ball.pos+ball.velocity*dt

    if ball.x>3.5 and ball.x<8.6:

    vx=vx*cos(angle)

    vy=sqrt(2/m(m-gball.y-fds))

    #print vy

    vy=vy*sin(angle)

    #print vy

    ball.velocity.x=ball.velocity.x+rax*dt

    ball.velocity.y=ball.velocity.y+ray*dt

    ball.pos=ball.pos+ball.velocity*dt

    #print ball.pos
    the_proud_family, Dec 6, 2004

  2. the_proud_family

    Steve Holden Guest

    the_proud_family wrote:

    > HELP ME PLEASE!! my email is
    >
    > I can't get the ball to go up right side and then I need it to turn
    >
    > around and keep turning until velocity=0 I have been at it for the
    >
    > past 2 weeks now i give up and call for help. Please if anyone can
    >
    > gide me through i will be so grateful!! I have pasted my code below
    >

    > from cmath import *
    >
    > from visual import *
    >
    > floor1 = box(length=10, height=0.5, width=4, color=color.blue)
    >
    > floor1.pos = (-6,4,0)
    >
    > floor1.axis= (5,-5,0)
    >
    > floor2 = box(length=10, height=0.5, width=4, color=color.blue)
    >
    > floor2.pos = (6,4,0)
    >
    > floor2.axis= (-5,-5,0)
    >
    > floor3 = box(length=7, height=0.5, width=4, color=color.blue)
    >
    > floor3.pos = (0,1.25,0)
    >
    > ball= sphere(radius=0.5, color=color.red)
    >
    > ball.pos=(-8.6,7.5,0)
    >
    > m=3. #kg
    >
    > angle=asin(3.6/5.)#radians
    >
    > g=-9.8
    >
    > mu=.2
    >
    > N=mgcos(angle)
    >
    > F=mgsin(angle)
    >
    > f=mu*N
    >
    > lax=(-Nsin(angle)+fcos(angle))/m
    >
    > lay=(-Ncos(angle)-fsin(angle)+m*g)/m
    >
    > rax=(+Nsin(angle)+fcos(angle))/m
    >
    > ray=(-Ncos(angle)-fsin(angle)+m*g)/m
    >
    > ds=0.01
    >
    > dt=0.01
    >
    > vx=lax*dt
    >
    > vy=lay*dt
    >
    > ball.velocity=vector(vx,vy,0)
    >
    > #print a
    >
    > while 1:
    >
    > rate(100)
    >
    > ball.velocity.x=ball.velocity.x+lax*dt
    >
    > ball.velocity.y=ball.velocity.y+lay*dt
    >
    > ball.pos=ball.pos+ball.velocity*dt
    >
    > if ball.x>-3.5 and ball.x<=3.5:
    >
    > vx=sqrt(2(-gball.y+0.5(vx2+vy2)-fds))
    >
    > ball.velocity.x=ball.velocity.x+mugdt
    >
    > ball.velocity.y=0
    >
    > ball.pos=ball.pos+ball.velocity*dt
    >
    > if ball.x>3.5 and ball.x<8.6:
    >
    > vx=vx*cos(angle)
    >
    > vy=sqrt(2/m(m-gball.y-fds))
    >
    > #print vy
    >
    > vy=vy*sin(angle)
    >
    > #print vy
    >
    > ball.velocity.x=ball.velocity.x+rax*dt
    >
    > ball.velocity.y=ball.velocity.y+ray*dt
    >
    > ball.pos=ball.pos+ball.velocity*dt
    >
    > #print ball.pos

    Let me open by saying I'm sorry of this response appears superficially
    unhelpful. Please read it to the end, as it really is intended to help
    despite its obstinate refusal to directly address your question.

    This appears to be your third attempt to recruit help, which shows
    rather poor learning behavior. You have presented what appears
    (superficially, most people who contribute to this newsgroup don't have
    the time to read random chunks of code and I'm usually the same) to be
    the same program each time.

    Might I suggest that you:

    1. Explain what the program is intended to
    do. If we can't know what problem you
    are trying to solve we are unlikely to
    be able to help.

    2. Reformat your code to use leading spaces
    rather than tabs (many newsreaders
    handle tabs badly)

    3. Add copious comments explaining what each
    section of your program is supposed
    to do.

    With luck, those activities alone will help you to solve your own
    problem. One valid debugging technique is to explain to somebody else
    exactly why there can't possibly be anything wrong with your program.
    Quite often you will smack your head in the middle of this activity,
    having realized exactly what your mistaken assumption has been. If there
    is no human available a stuffed toy can work almost as well.

    Finally, please take the time to read

    as this will give you some useful clues on how to increase your chances
    of getting a rely that will *actually solve your problem* rather than
    just pointing out that your current behavior is unlikely to do so.

    It's just occurred to me that in the time it's taken me to write this I
    probably could have run your code (had it been properly formatted) and
    attempted to find out what was wrong with it. So please take this advice
    in the spirit of "if you give a man a fish you feed him for a day*, if
    you teach him to fish you feed him for a lifetime" -- I am trying to
    help you help yourself, as several others have already.

    Finally, one crucial lesson for any would-be programmer is to persevere
    (and you do at least score high marks there). The longer your problem
    goes unsolved the better you'll feel about eventually arriving at a
    solution.

    regards
    Steve
    --
    * alternative ending: if you teach him to fish, for the rest of his life
    he'll bore you with stories about the one that got away.

    http://www.holdenweb.com
    http://pydish.holdenweb.com
    Holden Web LLC +1 800 494 3119
    Steve Holden, Dec 6, 2004