Help ASP newbie with webhits query

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Colin Bruce, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. Colin Bruce

    Colin Bruce Guest

    I have been asked by my office to set up a Intranet site using ASP. (I know
    VB6, so it must be simple!).

    The basics are done, including using MS indexing to provide a search
    facility.

    They now want it to show a section of the document with the searched for
    text highlighted.

    After long searching I think I need to use webhits.dll, however I can find
    no documentation on the use of, it all references the iissamples directory
    and query.htx and changing for my needs.

    All very well except win2000 doesn't install the samples.

    Can anyone point me in the direction of where I might find the query.htx and
    associated sample files as it is not included in the latest platformSDK, or
    failing that an alternative soloution to my highlighting problem.

    Thanks

    Colin

    Colin Bruce, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Sorry, highlighted the wrong message