Help! ASP pages don't open with IIS (local files) IE6 and Win2K

Éric GARANT

Hello everyone,
I can't open ASP documents with Windows 2000 Pro french version SP4 +
IE6.0 SP1 + IIS 5.0. When I click an ASP file, it's FrontPage 2000 that
opens it. If I choose Open With... Internet Explorer, nothing opens. And if
I can have an ASP page open in IE, if there is a link to another ASP page,
when I click it, it doesn't open that ASP link, instead IE asks if I want to
download the file. IE seems to be unable to process ASP files. Why? By the
way, this is a problem when I want to work with ASP pages locally, with the
127.0.0.1 address. Yes, the IIS Service is started in the MMC. Any help will
be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Éric GARANT

Éric GARANT

NAV2002 is installed but automatic protection isn't enabled. And I booted to
WinXP Pro (instead of 2000 Pro, I have both OSes) and tried to do the same
and it worked. In XP, I can go to 127.0.0.1/dossier/index.asp and the ASP
page is properly processed. There must be a problem with my Windows 2000
installation. :-(