    127.0.0.1 address. Yes, the IIS Service is started in the MMC. Any help will
    be appreciated. Thank you very much.

    Éric GARANT

    Éric GARANT, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Éric GARANT

    Ray at Guest

    IE doesn't process ASP pages. Are you going to http://localhost or
    http://yourip, or are you going to C:\Path\file.asp?

    Ray at home

    "Éric GARANT" <> wrote in message
    news:sv2Pa.2289$Fy1.102186@localhost...
    > Hello everyone,
    > I can't open ASP documents with Windows 2000 Pro french version SP4 +
    > IE6.0 SP1 + IIS 5.0. When I click an ASP file, it's FrontPage 2000 that
    > opens it. If I choose Open With... Internet Explorer, nothing opens. And

    if
    > I can have an ASP page open in IE, if there is a link to another ASP page,
    > when I click it, it doesn't open that ASP link, instead IE asks if I want

    > download the file. IE seems to be unable to process ASP files. Why? By the
    > way, this is a problem when I want to work with ASP pages locally, with

    the

    Ray at, Jul 10, 2003

  3. Éric GARANT

    Éric GARANT Guest

    NAV2002 is installed but automatic protection isn't enabled. And I booted to
    WinXP Pro (instead of 2000 Pro, I have both OSes) and tried to do the same
    and it worked. In XP, I can go to 127.0.0.1/dossier/index.asp and the ASP
    page is properly processed. There must be a problem with my Windows 2000
    installation. :-(

    "John Blessing" <ntlnews@**REMOVETHIS**lbehelpdesk.com> a écrit dans le
    message de news:emRPa.7745$...
    > Do you have Norton Antivirus installed on the web server? If so, it

    defaults
    > to enable "script blocking" which will stop your asp working.
    >
    > --
    > John Blessing
    > http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software at affordable prices
    > http://www.free-helpdesk.com - Completely free help desk software !
    > http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook
    > http://www.lbesync.com - Synchronize two Outlook Personal Folders
    > "Éric GARANT" <> wrote in message
    > > I just want to use ASP pages using the localhost ( http://localhost or
    > > http://127.0.0.1 , for example: http://127.0.0.1/dossier/index.asp ). I
    > > don't intend to use ASP on a web server (only with the localhost).
    > > It must be possible to view ASP pages in IE! Just think about websites

    > using
    > > ASP pages!
    > >
    > > Éric
    > >

    > > "Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <7yasdf.com> a écrit

    dans

    Éric GARANT, Jul 16, 2003