    aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or password
    supplied in the processModel section of the config file are invalid.

    How can I get it working again?
    Edward Yang, Feb 17, 2005

  2. Edward Yang

    Scott Allen Guest

    Did you give the ASPNET account a specific password in the
    processModel section of machine.config? If so, SP1 screws this up.
    You'll need to reset the password from the user mangement MMC and make
    sure the account is not locked out.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Feb 17, 2005

  3. Edward Yang

    Edward Yang Guest

    No.

    I have this problem on 2 computers that have these 2 patches installed.

    Edward Yang, Feb 17, 2005
  4. Edward Yang

    Edward Yang Guest

    Edward Yang wrote:
    > It's weird. After patching kb886903/kb886906 (the hotfixes for the
    > Frameworks) via Windows Update, all ASP.NET applications stop working. I
    > looked through Event Viewer and found this:
    >
    > aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or password
    > supplied in the processModel section of the config file are invalid.
    >
    > How can I get it working again?

    Okay, I did aspnet_regiis -i and did another iisreset then it is back to
    normal.

    I just wonder why the patches breaked something that was working?
    Edward Yang, Feb 17, 2005
  5. Edward Yang

    binarg Guest

    How about "because it is Micro$oft technology"?

    binarg, Feb 18, 2005
  6. > How about "because it is Micro$oft technology"?

    Ah, the enviou$ are heard from yet again....

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    Neither a follower nor a lender be.

    Kevin Spencer, Feb 18, 2005
  7. Edward Yang

    Scott Allen Guest

    It is frustrating, I agree.

    Microsoft has a delicate balance to strike.

    They can leave a security hole open while testing for months and get
    reamed by users and the press.

    Alternatively, they can push the patch out early at the risk of
    breaking some of the 120,000,000 .NET installations and get reamed by
    users and the press.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/