    buttons. The hyperlink doesn't even appear on the page.
    Any ideas?

    Thanks.

    VB Programmer, Apr 30, 2004

  2. "VB Programmer" <RobertNZana*NoSpam-Please*@juno.com> wrote in
    news:u$:

    > Here's the quick situation:
    > 1. Using VS.NET I create 1 fully functioning aspx page, with
    > code behind. (Simple webform: It has a few text boxes, 1
    > hyperlink, 2 and buttons.) 2. I uploaded it to my website and
    > it works PERFECTLY. 3. My friend has a webserver and wants me
    > to stick the aspx page into his web server. He says it has IIS
    > and the .NET framework. 4. I copy the aspx page, the web.config
    > file and the bin directory and place it on his server.
    >
    > Result:
    > The page shows up almost like straight html. No text boxes,
    > just text. No buttons. The hyperlink doesn't even appear on
    > the page. Any ideas?

    Try running this in a command (DOS) prompt:

    aspnet_regiis -i

    That should configure IIS to recognize ASP.NET files.

    (aspnet_regiis.exe is located in
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322)

    Hope this helps.

    Chris.
    -------------
    C.R. Timmons Consulting, Inc.
    http://www.crtimmonsinc.com/

    Chris R. Timmons, May 1, 2004

  3. I ran it but I get this error now:
    The page cannot be found
    The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed,
    or is temporarily unavailable.

    ----

    Please try the following:

    a.. Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of
    your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
    b.. If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site
    administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
    c.. Click the Back button to try another link.
    HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

    ----

    a.. Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search
    for the words HTTP and 404.
    b.. Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and
    search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and
    About Custom Error Messages.

    VB Programmer, May 1, 2004
  4. Have you create the application from IIS console manager??

    Right click in Application folder, Property, Virtual directory Tab,
    Application Name -> Create.

    Brun

    Bruno Sirianni, May 1, 2004
  5. The directory is already in IIS because it was a "regular" website. I'm
    simply adding 1 ASPX page (with code-behind) to this "regular" website. Is
    there a special procedure to do this?

    VB Programmer, May 1, 2004
  6. VB Programmer

    Jon Davis Guest

    If the ASPX page is not in the root directory of the "'regular' website",
    you need to create an application for the directory in which it resides.
    Bruno just shared on how to do this.

    Jon

    Jon Davis, May 1, 2004