Help - aspx Pages Not Working Correctly on My Web Server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Joey, May 1, 2007.

  1. Joey

    Joey Guest

    Hello guys,

    I am using Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise edition. Yesterday
    I installed IIS from the "Application Server" category in Add/Remove
    Windows components. Afterwards I also installed asp.net from there.
    But then I discovered I really need asp.net 2.0. Since I already have
    the 2.0 framework installed on my server, I went to the IIS snap in
    and changed asp.net to version 2.0 there. I also checked server
    extensions to make sure asp.net 2.0 is allowed.

    But now my problem...My aspx pages will not load. As a test I created
    a very simple html page and named it default.aspx. When I click on it
    in Windows Explorer, I get a download prompt. When I choose open, it
    prompts me again with the download prompt. If I browse the aspx page,
    I just get a blank browser window.

    What can I do to get this working properly?

    Joey, May 1, 2007

  2. Joey

    David Wier Guest

    You can't just click or double click on it, with Explorer- you must access
    it as a web page, on a web server
    http://servernamd/default.aspx

    David Wier
    MVP/ASPInsider
    http://aspnet101.com
    http://iwritepro.com

    David Wier, May 1, 2007

  3. Joey

    Joey Guest

    On May 1, 10:13 am, "David Wier" <> wrote:
    > You can't just click or double click on it, with Explorer- you must access
    > it as a web page, on a web serverhttp://servernamd/default.aspx
    >
    > David Wier
    > MVP/ASPInsiderhttp://aspnet101.comhttp://iwritepro.com
    >
    > "Joey" <> wrote in message

    > > Hello guys,

    > > I am using Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise edition. Yesterday
    > > I installed IIS from the "Application Server" category in Add/Remove
    > > Windows components. Afterwards I also installed asp.net from there.
    > > But then I discovered I really need asp.net 2.0. Since I already have
    > > the 2.0 framework installed on my server, I went to the IIS snap in
    > > and changed asp.net to version 2.0 there. I also checked server
    > > extensions to make sure asp.net 2.0 is allowed.

    > > But now my problem...My aspx pages will not load. As a test I created
    > > a very simple html page and named it default.aspx. When I click on it
    > > in Windows Explorer, I get a download prompt. When I choose open, it
    > > prompts me again with the download prompt. If I browse the aspx page,
    > > I just get a blank browser window.

    > > What can I do to get this working properly?- Hide quoted text -

    Yeah I know. Sorry about not being clear on that. The real problem is
    that it just shows a blank page when I try to hit it with a browser.

    Joey, May 1, 2007