Help : Bind control based on selection of others ????

Guest

Dear all

I have an ASP 1.1 application on which my user can filled some selection
querry field like :

ProductCatergorys (DropDownlist box)
Product names (DropDownList)
product number (text box)

At the form load, a dataset object contains product category information
whcih populate the first ProductCatergory (data bind), then update remaining
control according to initial value at form load

Then if my user change the ProductCategroy selection, the content of product
name list should be update as well as product number.

In the similar way if the Productname selection change, product number
should be updated accordingly.

Of course I could set the Autopostback to true for all controls that might
change and collect database information base on that

What is the best way to get that behaviour by limiting round trip to server ?

thnaks for your help
regards
serge

Bruce Barker

you can use autopostback or an ajax (javascript) routine. if your using 2.0,
you can use client callbacks, but you will have to write your own
serialization of the drop down values.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)