Help Building a specialized tab control with inherited user contro

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Philip, Jan 29, 2007.

  1. Philip

    Philip Guest

    Hi,

    I want to build a custom tabbed control.

    I have built two controls, one has two listboxes, takes an array of strings,
    and allows the user to select a list from the listbox on the left into the
    listbox on the right - this list is then exposed as an array property so it
    can be resused...

    The other control has a datepicker and a listbox. The user can select one or
    several dates, which are stored in the listbox, and exposed as an array
    property of dates...

    I want to now build a special tab control that will display as many of these
    controls are needed...

    This is so the user can select a stored procedure from a list, the app will
    retrieve a list of the parameters from the database with the information if
    they are strings, dates, in-out etc, and for each parameter a new tab will be
    added with the correct selector control (dates or string lists)...

    Now, I've added an inherited control, and modified the code in the class so
    it adds my string list selector user control.

    In my main form, I added a button, and a tabstrip... and in the on_click
    event of the button I put this code:

    TabControl1.TabPages.Add(New
    selectionTabPage(selectionTabPage.ArrayTypeEnum.tString))

    unfortunately my special list selector control is now loaded and displayed
    in my TabControl.

    What can I do to fix this please?

    thanks

    Philip