Help: can't add <data-sources> tag in struts-config.xml

Tyler Durden

Hi everybody,

I'm new to struts. I want to add <data-sources> tag to my struts-
config.xml file but it's not recognized (I'm using Intellij IDEA). I
guess that something is missing in .dtd files. I'm using struts 2. How
can I make it work?

Thanks. :)

Owen Jacobson

Hi everybody,

I'm new to struts. I want to add <data-sources> tag to my struts-
config.xml file but it's not recognized (I'm using Intellij IDEA). I
guess that something is missing in .dtd files. I'm using struts 2. How
can I make it work?

Good morning,

While Struts 1 attempted to be a complete "web application framework",
Struts 2 has a more limited scope and only concerns itself with wiring
pages and controllers together. You will have to look outside Struts
for your data source configuration, either to your web container (most
support some kind of database pooling in JNDI) or to another tool like
Spring or DBCP.

There is no <data-sources> support in Struts 2.

-o