HELP: Cant create a file in webpage dir (OS: Server 2003)

VB Programmer

I have a server that is running Windows Server 2003.

My web page is trying to create a file in the
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyWeb\Secured directory. When it tries to create/write
the file it gets this error:

Access to the path "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyWeb\Secured\AsciiInfo.pwa" is
denied.

I think it's a permissions issue in either IIS or Server 2k3. But, I'm not
sure. It works FINE on our other server which is running Windows 2000.

Please help!

Thanks.

Michael Mayer [C# MVP]

Have you looked at the security settings for the directory Secured? I
believe Win2003 uses the account NETWORK (or NETWORKING, I don't remember
off the top of my head, I don't think it is ASPNET as you have on Win2k/XP).
Make sure that account has write/create/modify (maybe full control) for that
directory.

David Wang [Msft]

The remote authenticated user must have write permissions on the directory
in question. The remote authenticated user identity depends on whether you
have authentication enabled and what your browser chooses to negotiate for
identity.

Sorry, as easy as it was for you to write a file without knowing why, a
hacker can do better. Security changes with Windows Server 2003 requires
you to change habits, so many things that "just worked fine" in Windows 2000
are not guaranteed to work by default on Windows Server 2003.

--
//David
IIS