HELP! Centering problem...

jake

rf said:
frontlines said:
That's all great.

Now does anyone want to help me figure out how to center this thing? I
would REALLY appreciate it.

Take it over to the validator at http://validator.w3.org and you will find
your error. You are using HTML that is not in the spec and so it is up to
each browser to decide how to handle it.

This also has to be the best advertisement to date on why to NOT use
dreamweaver. The page is nothing but an image. Following is what lynx makes
out of your page which is also roughly what any other non graphical browser,
including aural ones for the blind will display/speak:

<quote>
Trantanella Construction and
Rentals

[trant_01]
[trant_02] [trant_03] [trant_04] [trant_05] [trant_06] [trant_07]
[trant_08]
[trant_09] [trant_10]
[trant_11]
[trant_12]

</quote>

Not a pretty sight is it :)

Stop using this web site. It is not a forum, it steals its content from
usenet.

Cheers
Richard.
"........... is also roughly what any other non graphical browser,
including aural ones for the blind will display/speak:..........."

To be exact (on my one):

"This page is empty." ............... says it all, really ;-)

regards.

Mark Parnell

Er, Mark, did you have a look at the source? There *is* no CSS file :)

Yeah, I know. I was hoping the OP would then ask, "What's CSS?" and we
could indoctrinate him. :)
<off topic>
BTW, a while ago you determined that I was close to you (geographically that
is) as I am in the top bit of Castle Hill (near the heritage park). What is
your approximate location? I've been wondering ever since that discussion re
agisting my roo at the koala park which we both know is a load of crok as my
roo is Far Too Big for such a small arena :) Perhaps your dog would like to
play with my roo in the heritage park...
</off>

I'm in Werrington, just your side of Penrith - near the ADI land
(remember that part of the discussion? ;-) ). But I don't have a dog -
most dogs wouldn't cope very well with living in a 2-bedroom unit (and
probably wouldn't be allowed by strata anyway).

So where is your roo, really then?

Mark Parnell

Obtain a proper newsreader and approach us directly at news://alt.html - you
will get a much better reception.

I'm starting to wonder whether to just block anything with that line in
it. But I haven't decided yet whether I want to try and save them, or
just leave them all to their own devices. :)

rf

Mark Parnell said:
Yeah, I know. I was hoping the OP would then ask, "What's CSS?" and we
could indoctrinate him. :)

Probably though you were CuSSing at him.
I'm in Werrington, just your side of Penrith - near the ADI land
(remember that part of the discussion? ;-) ). But I don't have a dog -
most dogs wouldn't cope very well with living in a 2-bedroom unit (and
probably wouldn't be allowed by strata anyway).

You have units out there? Must have a look next time I'm out that way (I do
a bit of business at Emu Plains).
So where is your roo, really then?

I keep him in the closet, with brucies clam.

Actually I don't have one, I made him up. Now I just have the image. I did
have one when I was growing up out on the farm in Orange but then again they
were all over the place up there, then :)

Cheers
Richard.

Mark Parnell

You have units out there? Must have a look next time I'm out that way (I do
a bit of business at Emu Plains).

Only a few, right near the station. Lots of villas and townhouses going
up at the moment. Lots of units in Kingswood, though.
I keep him in the closet, with brucies clam.

You must have a huge closet if there's more room there than at the Koala
Park. Like the wardrobe in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe?
Actually I don't have one, I made him up. Now I just have the image. I did
have one when I was growing up out on the farm in Orange but then again they
were all over the place up there, then :)

<gasp> You mean you were *lying*? <sob> You've destroyed my faith in
humanity. :-(

Mark Parnell

have one when I was growing up out on the farm in Orange

And you chose to move to the city?
but then again they were all over the place up there, then :)

They still are out there. I have a friend whose family owns some
property in Cowra. Lots of roos.

brucie

And you chose to move to the city?
They still are out there. I have a friend whose family owns some
property in Cowra. Lots of roos.

can we skip the bit where you swap "get to know you" chat and just get
to the "i'll show you mine if you show me yours" bit?

Mark Parnell

can we skip the bit where you swap "get to know you" chat and just get
to the "i'll show you mine if you show me yours" bit?

That depends what we're showing, doesn't it?

rf

Only a few, right near the station. Lots of villas and townhouses going
up at the moment. Lots of units in Kingswood, though.

Hmmm. I remember when CH was the edge of Sydney. Then it was Kellyville. Now
Werrington?. I guess it'll stop when it crashes into the mountains :)
<gasp> You mean you were *lying*? <sob> You've destroyed my faith in
humanity. :-(

Settle. I lied, brucie made me, to protect his clam. I really do have a roo.
Here is his picture for you to peruse again.
http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/excel.html

Last time I saw him he was pacing a cattle train out near Oodnadatta.
I really should get him a girlfriend. Yo Tasso, you out there?

To return to topic you will of course admire the work I have put into this
page. Took me seconds and seconds to produce.

Cheers
Richard.

rf

Mark Parnell said:
And you chose to move to the city?

Had to. Uni. Job.
They still are out there. I have a friend whose family owns some
property in Cowra. Lots of roos.

Know it well. Sister and lots of rello's live in Canowindra. Bloody hot,
just like QLD.

Settle brucie Mark and I are *not* going to climb into a tree. There arent
any out there.

Cheers
Richard.

Toby A Inkster

rf said:
Hmmm. I remember when CH was the edge of Sydney. Then it was Kellyville. Now
Werrington?. I guess it'll stop when it crashes into the mountains :)

Lithgow's the edge of Sydney, dammit!

Mark Parnell

Lithgow's the edge of Sydney, dammit!

I didn't know you were that familiar with Sydney, Toby. :)

I think Lithgow is pushing it a bit. Have they even heard of units? :p

Mark Parnell

Hmmm. I remember when CH was the edge of Sydney. Then it was Kellyville. Now
Werrington?. I guess it'll stop when it crashes into the mountains :)

Well, Blue Mountains Council (and the residents) are very anti big
developments like units etc, so I would say that you're probably right.
Settle. I lied, brucie made me, to protect his clam. I really do have a roo.
Here is his picture for you to peruse again.
http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/excel.html

I believe you, though I can't connect to the page. :-(
Last time I saw him he was pacing a cattle train out near Oodnadatta.
I really should get him a girlfriend. Yo Tasso, you out there?

I believe he's in the UK, not Oodnadatta.
To return to topic you will of course admire the work I have put into this
page. Took me seconds and seconds to produce.

If I could see it. ;-)

Mark Parnell

Had to. Uni. Job.

Tell me about it. I'd love to move to the country, but finding work,
especially in IT, is not easy.
Know it well. Sister and lots of rello's live in Canowindra. Bloody hot,
just like QLD.

I've only been out there (camping) in Winter, so not too hot when I've
been there. We've got friends in Lithgow, though. Gets rather hot there.
Settle brucie Mark and I are *not* going to climb into a tree. There arent
any out there.

I second that motion. (I won't mention the fact that there are actually
trees on my mate's farm)

rf

Mark Parnell said:
I didn't know you were that familiar with Sydney, Toby. :)

I think Lithgow is pushing it a bit. Have they even heard of units? :p

Besides Toby, have you ever been there. You head west, (not past Marks
place, the other way), climb up the mountains, get to the other side and
stop. Right down there, at the bottom of the hill, in a hole, sits Lithgow.
You then turn around and go home again because you don't want to go there
:)

Cheers
Richard.

rf

Mark Parnell said:
[cities]
Tell me about it. I'd love to move to the country, but finding work,
especially in IT, is not easy.

I own the company :) That's why I go to the snow so often, to sit out on
the veranda and get some quiet work done.

[Cowra]
I've only been out there (camping) in Winter, so not too hot when I've
been there.

Regularly 45degrees +.

[trees]
(I won't mention the fact that there are actually
trees on my mate's farm)

The cheat. He planted them.

Cheers
Richard.

Mark Parnell

Besides Toby, have you ever been there. You head west, (not past Marks
place, the other way),

Wouldn't the other way be East? Or do you mean to go via Richmond? Come
to think of it, from Castle Hill that would probably be quicker.
climb up the mountains, get to the other side and
stop. Right down there, at the bottom of the hill, in a hole, sits Lithgow.
You then turn around and go home again because you don't want to go there
:)

Hey, we have friends who live in Lithgow! Have considered moving to
Lithgow, actually. Still country, but close enough to family and friends
in Penrith. :)

rf

Hey, we have friends who live in Lithgow! Have considered moving to
Lithgow, actually. Still country, but close enough to family and friends
in Penrith. :)

I have relos there. My mum grew up nearby (Portland, a slightly shallower
hole). The only reason I go to Lithgow is to get to somewhere beyond it.
Annoying, no matter which way one chooses to go west (of the two) there is
always Lithgow to negotiage. Captive audience :)

Besides why would I want to move to Lithgow then I can move to anywhere else
in .au (QLD excepted of course).

Jindabyne is looking promising :) Lake Crackenback has just opened a new
estate. Walking distance to the train^H^H^H skitube.

Cheers
Richard.