help changing how input boxes work with css

charlie caroff

Hi,

I have an input box whose class name is search_box.

In my CSS, I have this, and it does nothing to change the appearance
of search_box:

..search_box{font-family:arial;font-size:16pt;font-weight:bold}

When I add a border, I can see the border around my box, but I do not
see the text formatting:

..search_box{border:1px solid black;font-family:arial;font-size:
16pt;font-weight:bold}

Any ideas?

Charlie

Bernhard Sturm

charlie said:
When I add a border, I can see the border around my box, but I do not
see the text formatting:

.search_box{border:1px solid black;font-family:arial;font-size:
16pt;font-weight:bold}

Just as a hint: stay away from absolute font-size units. pt (points) is
a bad choice, use 'em' instead as a relative size-unit. And have you
checked, that you have Arial installed on your system, otherwise your
experiment will not work at all (as it doesn't for all other machines
out there that do not have Arial (I believe most mac do not have Arial
installed)).
Any ideas?

do you have a URL? Sometimes things should work theoretically, but in
reality there are alway browsers in the way (or a nested div-structure,
as I assume it to be in your case). So post a URL.

bernhard

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit charlie caroff:
I have an input box whose class name is search_box.

Do you have a URL? Then post it. If not, upload your page and post the URL.