Help - Configuration Error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Dan, Jun 23, 2005.

  1. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I have a web application that was built in .net. I received the source
    code and the DLL files, compiled the application, and when I run it on
    IIS, I get the following error.

    Now, I think I know what may be causing the problem. The project
    required a DLL called Trinet.DLL, This DLL was not included with the
    source code, but I had one called Trinet.v1.dll, so I renamed the DLL
    to Trinet.DLL, re-added the reference and the project compiled fine..
    and it appears my error is centered around this DLL File.

    Could the following error be caused by me renaming this DLL file? Is
    there some type of security features that prevents the renaming of DLL
    files? If not, what could cause this error?

    I am running Windows XP Pro with SP2...

    Thanks in advance,

    Dan

    Configuration Error

    file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
    details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: The located assembly's manifest definition with
    name 'TriNet.Data' does not match the assembly reference.

    Source Error:

    Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices,
    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 197: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 198: <add assembly="*"/>
    Line 199: </assemblies>
    Line 200: </compilation>

    Source File:
    c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config
    Line: 198

    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to
    determine why the assembly 'TriNet.Data' could not be loaded.

    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = TriNet.Data
    (Partial)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/BCC
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===

    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private,
    custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Post-policy reference: TriNet.Data
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/bcc/ea06619a/db7c9567/TriNet.Data.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/bcc/ea06619a/db7c9567/TriNet.Data/TriNet.Data.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/BCC/bin/TriNet.Data.DLL.
    WRN: Comparing the assembly name resulted in the mismatch: NAME

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032;
    ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

    Dan, Jun 23, 2005

  2. > Could the following error be caused by me renaming this DLL file? Is
    > there some type of security features that prevents the renaming of DLL
    > files? If not, what could cause this error?

    Sure could. Not a security feature, but a Reflection feature. The assembly
    contains meta-data describing itself. Your machine.config entry must match
    the information in the DLL.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer