Help, Connection to Access Database

Randy

Hi,all
I met one problem of connecting Access database in asp.net web program.
I use ODBC link to Access, the connection string like
"PWD=12345;DSN=QADLinkMDB;DriverId=25;MaxBufferSize=2048;FIL=MS
Access;PageTimeout=5;UID=apiprogram"

while runing program, system prompt error: the workgoup file is missing
or open exculsive by anthor user.

My access database located in another server,if I copy the Access
database to my local place, the program run without problem, but now always
display above error.

Then what's the problem? Anyone could give me a hand? Thanks!

Mark Rae

I met one problem of connecting Access database in asp.net web program.
I use ODBC link to Access, the connection string like
"PWD=12345;DSN=QADLinkMDB;DriverId=25;MaxBufferSize=2048;FIL=MS
Access;PageTimeout=5;UID=apiprogram"

Firstly, why are you still using ODBC to connect to a Jet database and not
OleDb...?
while runing program, system prompt error: the workgoup file is missing
or open exculsive by anthor user.

That almost certainly means exactly what it says...

If you browse the remote folder containing the Jet database, does the
workgroup file actually exist...?

If so, hs the Jet database been opened exclusively by someone else...?

Randy

Mark
My condition is:
my actual data stored in Progress database on server1, I use Access
database links to Progress database by linked table through ODBC manner,
Access database located on server2, then I run web application to read
data from Access database.

I tried to connect database using both Jet OLEDB and ODBC method.
For ODBC, it will not work while the databae located on another server,
and prompt "workgroup file is missing" error.
For Jet OLEDB, it works well when executing simple query, but failed
when doing complicated query, and prompt "ODBC call failed",

So, now neither of the above two link method do not works perfect.
I wonder, what shall I do?