Help converting from ASP to ASP.NET and turning components on

Wayfarer

XP Pro w/SP1
IIS 5.1
Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1.4322

Two things:
--
1. I'm currently converting from ASP to ASP.NET. I used Microsquash's
Migration Assistant and, after trying to run the app on my home

Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'Scripting.FileSystemObject' is
not defined.

Source Error:

Line 3: Sub Application_OnStart()
Line 4:
Line 5: Dim aFSO As Scripting.FileSystemObject

Source File: C:\Web Projects\Journeys.NET\webroot\global.asax Line: 5
--
2. Can someone recommend a good guide for these conversions, preferably
online, but I'll take a book as well? I've found plenty about just

Guest

Hi,

Scripting.FileSystemObject is a COM component and the upgrader has not added a reference to the dll in your project. So if you choose to continue using the Scripting.FileSystemObject as opposed to the latest File i/o classes provided by .NEt you can add a reference to your project. In the References folder(in Solution Explorer), right click and select "Add Reference". Select the COM tab. Then select the Microsoft Scripting Runtime Dll. This will most likely solve your problem if your project is in VB.Net. There are some slight syntax modifications in C#.
Personally I would recommend that you using the System.IO namespace (if it is not major rework) to do all the file handling rather than the older Scripting version.