HELP: Cookie keeps expiring!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by VB Programmer, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. I have a login page that creates a cookie. The expiration time (in seconds)
    is in a string in web.config. The problem is that I have to keep logging in
    after only a few minutes. Any ideas? Here's portions of my cookie code...

    Dim ctxMyContext As HttpContext = HttpContext.Current
    Dim fatTicket As New FormsAuthenticationTicket( _
    1, txtUserName.Text.ToUpper.Trim, DateTime.Now, _
    DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(30), False, strUserData)
    Dim strCookieValue As String =
    FormsAuthentication.Encrypt(fatTicket)
    Dim cookieMyCookie As HttpCookie = New
    HttpCookie(FormsAuthentication.FormsCookieName)
    Dim strReturnUrl As String

    ' Create custom cookie
    With cookieMyCookie
    .Path = FormsAuthentication.FormsCookiePath
    .Value = strCookieValue
    .Expires =
    DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(CType(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("CookieExpir
    ationMinutes"), Double))
    End With
    ctxMyContext.Response.Cookies.Add(cookieMyCookie)

    Thanks,
    Robert
    VB Programmer, Nov 3, 2003