Help Coverting Access Function to ASP Function

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by James Leech, Jan 14, 2005.

  1. James Leech

    James Leech Guest

    Hi guys

    I am trying to use an Access function that I found on the web from within an
    asp page, but I can't seem to correct all the subtle differances between the
    two languages. When I run a number through my version, i (seemingly) get no
    output. I would greatfully appreciate any pointers or help on this issue.

    My version:
    http://www.graphics-line.co.uk/mycode.txt

    Original:
    http://www.graphics-line.co.uk/origcode.txt

    Source Website:
    http://grandzebu.net/informatique/codbar-en/ean13.htm

    Many Thanks
    James
    tgl

    James Leech, Jan 14, 2005

  2. James Leech wrote:
    > Hi guys
    >
    > I am trying to use an Access function that I found on the web from
    > within an asp page, but I can't seem to correct all the subtle
    > differances between the two languages. When I run a number through my
    > version, i (seemingly) get no output. I would greatfully appreciate
    > any pointers or help on this issue.
    > My version:
    > http://www.graphics-line.co.uk/mycode.txt
    >
    > Original:
    > http://www.graphics-line.co.uk/origcode.txt
    >
    > Source Website:
    > http://grandzebu.net/informatique/codbar-en/ean13.htm

    First of all, ASP is not a language. It's a "platform" that supports several
    scripting languages such as vbscript, jscript, etc. And I also suspect you
    are talking about VBA code in an Access module. So I presume you want to
    convert VBA code to vbscript. Here is the WSH (Windows Scripting Host)
    documentation:
    http://tinyurl.com/7rk6

    After you install it, look in the vbscript section and find the topics about
    the differences between vbscript and VB. That should get you goin.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"