Help Coverting Access Function to ASP Function

James Leech

Hi guys

I am trying to use an Access function that I found on the web from within an
asp page, but I can't seem to correct all the subtle differances between the
two languages. When I run a number through my version, i (seemingly) get no
output. I would greatfully appreciate any pointers or help on this issue.

My version:
http://www.graphics-line.co.uk/mycode.txt

Original:
http://www.graphics-line.co.uk/origcode.txt

Source Website:
http://grandzebu.net/informatique/codbar-en/ean13.htm

Many Thanks
James
tgl

Bob Barrows [MVP]

James said:
Hi guys

I am trying to use an Access function that I found on the web from
within an asp page, but I can't seem to correct all the subtle
differances between the two languages. When I run a number through my
version, i (seemingly) get no output. I would greatfully appreciate
any pointers or help on this issue.
My version:
http://www.graphics-line.co.uk/mycode.txt

Original:
http://www.graphics-line.co.uk/origcode.txt

Source Website:
http://grandzebu.net/informatique/codbar-en/ean13.htm

First of all, ASP is not a language. It's a "platform" that supports several
scripting languages such as vbscript, jscript, etc. And I also suspect you
are talking about VBA code in an Access module. So I presume you want to
convert VBA code to vbscript. Here is the WSH (Windows Scripting Host)
documentation:
http://tinyurl.com/7rk6

After you install it, look in the vbscript section and find the topics about
the differences between vbscript and VB. That should get you goin.

Bob Barrows