Help: Custom Forms Authentication User Object (iPrincipal?)

CodeCowboy

I'm sure some of you have done this before and I've been perusing
through the forum trying to find some uncomplicated solution.

I am trying to extend the existing user.identity object.

I would like to add a bit of extra information to it such as:

User.Identity.FullName
User.Identity.Email
User.Identity.Organization

And the like.

My understanding is that I need to create an inherited version of the
iPrincipal object but the only code snippets I've seen have been ones
which weren't working properly to begin with.

If anyone has a VB example that would be even better for me as
(unfortunately) that is my fluent language.

Thanks in advance!

Wilco Bauwer

You could create your own implementation of a principal object, yes.
You could derive the principal from GenericPrinciple. Your principal
object could then aggregrate with a custom identity (derive from
GenericIdentity iirc). You could let this identity object the fields
you are interested in.

CodeCowboy

Thank you for your reply. I am seeking a working code example or a
link to an article with working code as I am rusty on inheritance from
disuse in day to day operations here.

I understand the general idea as described in both your post and my
own, but I need the specifics.