Help: Custom Forms Authentication User Object (iPrincipal?)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by CodeCowboy, Feb 23, 2005.

  1. CodeCowboy

    CodeCowboy Guest

    I'm sure some of you have done this before and I've been perusing
    through the forum trying to find some uncomplicated solution.

    I am trying to extend the existing user.identity object.

    I would like to add a bit of extra information to it such as:

    User.Identity.FullName
    User.Identity.Email
    User.Identity.Organization

    And the like.

    My understanding is that I need to create an inherited version of the
    iPrincipal object but the only code snippets I've seen have been ones
    which weren't working properly to begin with.

    If anyone has a VB example that would be even better for me as
    (unfortunately) that is my fluent language.

    Thanks in advance!

    CodeCowboy, Feb 23, 2005

  2. CodeCowboy

    Wilco Bauwer Guest

    You could create your own implementation of a principal object, yes.
    You could derive the principal from GenericPrinciple. Your principal
    object could then aggregrate with a custom identity (derive from
    GenericIdentity iirc). You could let this identity object the fields
    you are interested in.

    Wilco Bauwer, Feb 23, 2005

  3. CodeCowboy

    CodeCowboy Guest

    Thank you for your reply. I am seeking a working code example or a
    link to an article with working code as I am rusty on inheritance from
    disuse in day to day operations here.

    I understand the general idea as described in both your post and my
    own, but I need the specifics.

    CodeCowboy, Feb 23, 2005