help!! dct algorithm

Riri

Hello, does someone have a dct (discrete sinus transformation) algorithm in
java that works properly for image processing?

Thanks a lot
R.

Andrew Thompson

"Riri"...
Hello, does someone have a dct (discrete sinus transformation) algorithm in
java that works properly for image processing?

Do you mean the 'discrete _cosine_ transform'?

Andrew Thompson

"Andrew Thompson" ...
I had never actually heard the term/acronym
till this evening, when I had a look through Google.

You might try Googling..
"discrete cosine transform"+java+"open source"
for some possibilities, it seems it is one of those
things that lots of people had a need for over the
years..

Marco Schmidt's site at geocities often has
some relevant source (when it comes to images),
but a quick look failed to turn up any obvious
sources on this occasion.

HTH

Marco Schmidt

Riri:
Hello, does someone have a dct (discrete sinus transformation) algorithm in
java that works properly for image processing?

Google finds some:
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=dct+java+class>.

Any MPEG or JPEG codec will include code for an IDCT and / or FDCT as
well. There are some Java implementations.

Image processing libraries like JAI often contain (I|F)DCT code as
well:
<http://java.sun.com/products/java-m...s/javax/media/jai/operator/DCTDescriptor.html>.

Regards,
Marco