Help desperately needed

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Els, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. Els

    Els Guest

    Els, Jul 19, 2004

  2. MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk wrote:
    > Sorry,
    >
    > think i hadnt uploaded default.css or something. Seems to be working now -

    I know you didn't ask for feedback, but: Tiny fonts. Bad text/background
    contrast. This is really exhausting to look at.

    Wow, it's even worse when I disable the stylesheet!

    > Have taken out the links in the message so not seen to
    > be parading my link around.

    <http://www.magicfreebiesuk.co.uk/>
    Put it back in so we know which site we're talking about :).

    Matthias

    Matthias Gutfeldt, Jul 19, 2004

  3. Els

    Webcastmaker Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I know you didn't ask for feedback, but: Tiny fonts. Bad text/background
    > contrast. This is really exhausting to look at.

    The snmall blue on blue text is virtually unreadable.

    --
    WebcastMaker
    www.webentations.com

    Webcastmaker, Jul 19, 2004
  4. MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk wrote:
    > "Matthias Gutfeldt" <> wrote
    >
    >>I know you didn't ask for feedback, but: Tiny fonts. Bad text/background
    >>contrast. This is really exhausting to look at.
    >>
    >>Wow, it's even worse when I disable the stylesheet!
    >>

    >> > Have taken out the links in the message so not seen to
    >> > be parading my link around.

    >><http://www.magicfreebiesuk.co.uk/>
    >>Put it back in so we know which site we're talking about :).
    >>

    > Cheers for the feedback. I know the text is small but when I do make it
    > bigger it just looks tacky, not sure what to do there.

    Tacky and readable, or un-tacky and un-readable. It's a tough call, you
    decide :).

    But at least you could remove the FONT and B elements, that way the
    non-styled view would be perfectly readable, without any detrimental
    effect on the styled view.

    > I think the background and text do look alright.

    What do your users think? Put a small survey on the frontpage and let
    them give you some feedback on it - perhaps they do have better eyes
    than me.

    Matthias

    Matthias Gutfeldt, Jul 19, 2004
  5. Hi,

    I have recently changed hosts and I use Frontpage to edit my html. With
    50megs I used to simply copy and paste the html into their file manager.
    Now I use ftp surfer to upload to my streamlinenet.co.uk host but the page
    does not come out like before.

    I do not have frontpage extensions installed on either of the hosts but on
    50megs it seems to come out how I want but not with the other host.

    If you could take a look and tell me what you think is going wrong and how I
    could fix it I would greatly appreciate it.

    http://www.magicfreebiesuk.50megs.com - How I want it to look.

    http://www.magicfreebiesuk.co.uk - How its coming out with ftp surfer.

    Thanks a lot
    Tom

    --
    MagicFreebiesUK
    http://www.magicfreebiesuk.co.uk

    MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk, Jul 19, 2004
  6. "MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have recently changed hosts and I use Frontpage to edit my html. With
    > 50megs I used to simply copy and paste the html into their file manager.
    > Now I use ftp surfer to upload to my streamlinenet.co.uk host but the page
    > does not come out like before.
    >
    > I do not have frontpage extensions installed on either of the hosts but on
    > 50megs it seems to come out how I want but not with the other host.
    >
    > If you could take a look and tell me what you think is going wrong and how

    > could fix it I would greatly appreciate it.
    >
    > - How I want it to look.
    >
    > - How its coming out with ftp surfer.
    >
    > Thanks a lot
    > Tom
    >
    > --

    Sorry,

    think i hadnt uploaded default.css or something. Seems to be working now -
    I have cancelled the message,

    Sorry for wasting your time.

    Have taken out the links in the message so not seen to be parading my link
    around.

    Have to wait for message to be cancelled.

    Thanks
    Tom

    MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk, Jul 19, 2004
  7. "Matthias Gutfeldt" <> wrote in message
    > MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk wrote:
    > > Sorry,
    > >
    > > think i hadnt uploaded default.css or something. Seems to be working

    now -

    > I know you didn't ask for feedback, but: Tiny fonts. Bad text/background
    > contrast. This is really exhausting to look at.
    >
    > Wow, it's even worse when I disable the stylesheet!
    >

    > > Have taken out the links in the message so not seen to
    > > be parading my link around.

    > <http://www.magicfreebiesuk.co.uk/>
    > Put it back in so we know which site we're talking about :).
    >

    > Matthias

    Hi,

    MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk, Jul 19, 2004
  8. "Webcastmaker" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > I know you didn't ask for feedback, but: Tiny fonts. Bad text/background
    > > contrast. This is really exhausting to look at.

    > The snmall blue on blue text is virtually unreadable.
    >
    > --
    > WebcastMaker
    > The easiest and most affordable way to create
    > Web casts, or put presentations on the Web.
    > www.webentations.com

    What other colour would you suggest. I didn't really want to make the text
    all white.

    Cheers

    MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk, Jul 19, 2004
  9. Els

    Webcastmaker Guest

    In article <HHRKc.428$>,
    says...
    > What other colour would you suggest. I didn't really want to make the text
    > all white.

    Maybe slightly off white if you don't like white. As it is, some can
    hardly read it.
    --
    WebcastMaker
    www.webentations.com

    Webcastmaker, Jul 19, 2004
  10. MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk wrote:

    > http://www.magicfreebiesuk.50megs.com - How I want it to look.

    I've looked at this with three different browser engines, and I'll be
    darned if I can figure out what this image, which looks the same with
    all three of them, is supposed to represent. How about a little help?

    http://blinkynet.net/screens/mf.jpg

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    New Pieces of Shakespeare Manuscript Found Near Salt Lake City USA
    Sorry - penguins only: http://snipurl.com/scolius (at blinkynet)

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 19, 2004
  11. MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk wrote:

    > think i hadnt uploaded default.css or something. Seems to be working now -
    > I have cancelled the message,

    I think you'll find that many, if not most news feeds don't honor
    cancels.

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 19, 2004
  12. Els

    Els Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.magicfreebiesuk.50megs.com - How I want it to
    >> look.

    > I've looked at this with three different browser engines,
    > and I'll be darned if I can figure out what this image,
    > which looks the same with all three of them, is supposed to
    > represent. How about a little help?
    >
    > http://blinkynet.net/screens/mf.jpg

    http://www.magicfreebiesuk.50megs.com/hi.gif
    :)

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Jul 19, 2004
  13. Els wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk wrote:

    >>> http://www.magicfreebiesuk.50megs.com - How I want it to look.

    >> I've looked at this with three different browser engines, and I'll be
    >> darned if I can figure out what this image, which looks the same with
    >> all three of them, is supposed to represent. How about a little
    >> help?

    >> http://blinkynet.net/screens/mf.jpg

    > http://www.magicfreebiesuk.50megs.com/hi.gif
    >:)

    I get it. It's a test one has to pass to enter the site. :)

    Okay, you're good at this: what the heck's the background image supposed
    to be saying to me, besides "I consist of bits of unidentifiable
    objects"?

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 19, 2004
  14. Els

    Els Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Els wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> I've looked at this with three different browser engines,
    >>> and I'll be darned if I can figure out what this image,
    >>> which looks the same with all three of them, is supposed
    >>> to represent. How about a little help?

    >>> http://blinkynet.net/screens/mf.jpg

    >> http://www.magicfreebiesuk.50megs.com/hi.gif
    >>:)

    > I get it. It's a test one has to pass to enter the site.
    > :)

    Who knows :)

    > Okay, you're good at this: what the heck's the background
    > image supposed to be saying to me, besides "I consist of
    > bits of unidentifiable objects"?

    Maybe the clouds are associated with "free"? Like free as a
    bird? Could have been done better though, by leaving out the
    lamp posts (if that's what they are). Personally I would have
    thrown in a couple of bees (bies) too ;-)

    And the only reason I 'saw' the "hi" was because I was
    searching for a clue in the name of the image, and the easiest
    way to do that is to right click and view the image. But even
    so, I first saw the hi.gif in the url, and then the hi in the
    image.

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Jul 19, 2004
  15. Els

    Sam Hughes Guest

    On 19 Jul 2004 18:21:15 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    > MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk wrote:
    >
    >> think i hadnt uploaded default.css or something. Seems to be working
    >> now -
    >> I have cancelled the message,

    > I think you'll find that many, if not most news feeds don't honor
    > cancels.

    Also, it is just useless. And it messes up threading.

    --
    Sam Hughes

    Sam Hughes, Jul 22, 2004