Help detecting and using Two Mice in Windows OpenGL app?

Steve

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make an openGL app (in visual c++) that allows the use
of two mice simultaneously. Does anyone know if this is possible, how
I might go about doing it or how I could find out how to do it?

Much thanks in advance,
Steve

Guest

I'm trying to make an openGL app (in visual c++) that allows the use
of two mice simultaneously.
Does anyone know if this is possible,
Everything is possible
how I might go about doing it programming...

or how I could find out how to do it?
Your question is extremely off-topic here.
This newsgroup is related to C++ *only*
(you remember me, my first questions to this newsgroup ;-) )

HOWEVER!

Do you have 2 mice in your PC? Or one mouse is the joystick?
In first: whoooooow!
In second: you must learn the API of your platform, or simply use the cross-platfrom library SDL.

Miss Elaine Eos

Your question is extremely off-topic here.
This newsgroup is related to C++ *only*

Funny that you'd bother to maintain the cross-posts to
alt.games.programming, comp.games.development.programming.misc in your
reply... ;)

[removed from THIS reply...]

(Note: I don't subscribe to c.l.c++, I just thought your x-posted reply
was funny... :)

Guest

Your question is extremely off-topic here.
Funny that you'd bother to maintain the cross-posts to
alt.games.programming, comp.games.development.programming.misc in your
reply... ;)

oups!!!

Phil Frisbie, Jr.

Steve said:
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make an openGL app (in visual c++) that allows the use
of two mice simultaneously. Does anyone know if this is possible, how
I might go about doing it or how I could find out how to do it?

Windows supports multiple mice, but Windows only supports one mouse pointer. All
input from all mice are ORed together before you can read them.