    I might go about doing it or how I could find out how to do it?

    Much thanks in advance,
    Steve

    Steve, Sep 27, 2003

  2. Steve

    Guest Guest

    > I'm trying to make an openGL app (in visual c++) that allows the use
    > of two mice simultaneously.
    >Does anyone know if this is possible,

    Everything is possible

    > how I might go about doing it

    programming...

    > or how I could find out how to do it?

    Your question is extremely off-topic here.
    This newsgroup is related to C++ *only*
    (you remember me, my first questions to this newsgroup ;-) )

    HOWEVER!

    Do you have 2 mice in your PC? Or one mouse is the joystick?
    In first: whoooooow!
    In second: you must learn the API of your platform, or simply use the cross-platfrom library SDL.

    Guest, Sep 27, 2003

  3. In article <bl4gs3$bb4$>,
    "<- Chameleon ->" <> wrote:

    > Your question is extremely off-topic here.
    > This newsgroup is related to C++ *only*

    Funny that you'd bother to maintain the cross-posts to
    alt.games.programming, comp.games.development.programming.misc in your
    reply... ;)

    [removed from THIS reply...]

    (Note: I don't subscribe to c.l.c++, I just thought your x-posted reply
    was funny... :)

    --
    Please take off your shoes before arriving at my in-box.
    I will not, no matter how "good" the deal, patronise any business which sends

    Miss Elaine Eos, Sep 27, 2003
  4. Steve

    Guest Guest

    > > Your question is extremely off-topic here.
    > > This newsgroup is related to C++ *only*

    > Funny that you'd bother to maintain the cross-posts to
    > alt.games.programming, comp.games.development.programming.misc in your
    > reply... ;)

    oups!!!

    Guest, Sep 28, 2003
  5. Steve

    Steve Guest

    "<- Chameleon ->" <> wrote in message news:<bl68a7$pl1$>...
    > > > Your question is extremely off-topic here.
    > > > This newsgroup is related to C++ *only*

    > > Funny that you'd bother to maintain the cross-posts to
    > > alt.games.programming, comp.games.development.programming.misc in your
    > > reply... ;)

    > oups!!!

    this isn't quite what I expected in response... but just to follow up,
    I talked to a knowledgeable guy and he says its impossible to do it on
    windows 2000 (some sort of security reason) and possible to do on
    winxp using raw hooks.

    I found this link for windows xp...
    http://link.mywwwserver.com/~jstookey/arcade/rawmouse/
    where they need multiple mice for mame games...

    Steve, Sep 29, 2003
  6. Steve wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm trying to make an openGL app (in visual c++) that allows the use
    > of two mice simultaneously. Does anyone know if this is possible, how
    > I might go about doing it or how I could find out how to do it?

    Windows supports multiple mice, but Windows only supports one mouse pointer. All
    input from all mice are ORed together before you can read them.

    --
    Phil Frisbie, Jr.
    Hawk Software

    Phil Frisbie, Jr., Sep 29, 2003