HELP - exporting database without DTS / Query Analyzer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Yovav, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. Yovav

    Yovav Guest

    I have an MS SQL account somewhere on the net
    and I had problems using DTS for import/export data as
    OBJECTs
    (which including things like IDENTITY fields and Primary
    key...)

    Though SP3 is updated on both edges - I just can get a
    working solution,

    I'm was trying to export Table data & schema using an
    amazing Tool I found: WebDataAdmin.msi
    on:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?
    familyid=f0d03472-5e6c-459e-a6d8-
    6745a729c3c9&languageid=f49e8428-7071-4979-8a67-
    3cffcb0c2524&displaylang=en

    But it still gives me hard time on NTEXT fields that has
    UNICODE (UTF-8) characters
    so the import can NOT work (unrecognized characters...)

    Finally:
    ~~~~~
    1. Do U know any other tool like this one that allow
    exporting data
    (also with UNICODE characters)

    2. Do U have an idea how can I fix this (great looking)
    Tool from Microsoft
    maybe I can tell it to create a UTF-8 file instead of
    just ANSI file ? (HOW ?)
    Yovav, Nov 4, 2003