Help for a special editor

Fransis il Mulo

I need a textbox where I can insert special text that we can call TAG.
For example <<CustomerID>>. Something like Word's PrintMerge fields.
I think I need to use javascript to obtain similar behavior, for example
I can insert or delete entire TAG but not a part of the tag...
Any hints?

Thanks in advance

Fransis

Guest

I need a textbox where I can insert special text that we can call TAG.
For example <<CustomerID>>. Something like Word's PrintMerge fields.
I think I need to use javascript to obtain similar behavior, for example
I can insert or delete entire TAG but not a part of the tag...

Fransis, try to look at any of javascript-based WYSIWYG html editors.
For example if you go to http://www.yugdesign.com/scripts/category-1/script9.html
you will see an editor with some buttons. If you click on Insert Quote
button you get an object/tag inside the text area. I think this is
similar to what you are trying to do.

There are many scripts like the one I mentioned, look at google
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=javascript+wysiwig+editor+ubb+code