    Best regards

    Dr. Erhard Moenige

    PS: Please excuse my worse English !
    Dr. Erhard Moenige, Nov 5, 2006

  2. Dr. Erhard Moenige <> wrote:
    > I 've been learning programming c in console-applications for 1 year
    > and now I'm tired of seeing this boring console-application in my
    > programms. Because of that I decited to programme c in Windows in the
    > CVI Development by National Instruments. I've bought this nice
    > development,but when I'd installed it I found out that is more complex
    > than I had expected.

    > That is why I asked you please to help me and give me a short
    > introduction in c programming in windows and in the cvi development.

    Sorry to have to disappoint you, but the topic of this newsgroup is
    the C lanuage itself, not the myriads of integrated delevelopment
    environments that exist for different systems. So you will probably
    find not much help here since your problems seem to be more about
    how to use your IDE and not about C itself. And I fear that even if
    you would go to a Windows-specific newgroup most people won't be able
    to help you since the National Instruments stuff is rather special
    (and geared toward data acquisition and probably LabView) that also
    most regular Windows programmers may never have used (or even heard
    about) it. So I unfortunately can't recommend a newsgroup that might
    be better suited for your questions, the only one I found that per-
    haps can be a starting point is comp.lang.labview, maybe people there
    can help you find a better place to ask - at least there were some
    questions concerining "CVI". And then there is a message board on the
    National Instruments website

    http://forums.ni.com/ni/board?board.id=180

    for discussions of LabWindows/CVI, perhaps you should also have a
    look there.
    Regards, Jens
    --
    \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___
    Jens Thoms Toerring, Nov 5, 2006

  3. Dear Jens Thoms Toerring,

    thank you a lot for your efforts to help me. I'was very pleased about
    the nice answer.
    You are right, this is the wrong group for Labwindow/CVI, this is
    because I'm now trying the group you've recommended. I'm also sure,
    that there are more user, which can help me than in this group.

    So best regards

    Your Erhard
    Dr. Erhard Moenige, Nov 5, 2006
  4. On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 03:15 -0800, Dr. Erhard Moenige wrote:
    > Hi all C-Programmers everywhere !
    >
    > I 've been learning programming c in console-applications for 1 year
    > and now I'm tired of seeing this boring console-application in my
    > programms.

    They just seemed to work too efficiently? Or was it the
    ease-of-proper-use that got you to quit? :)

    > Because of that I decited to programme c in Windows in the
    > CVI Development by National Instruments. I've bought this nice
    > development,but when I'd installed it I found out that is more complex
    > than I had expected.

    Yeah, that happens with windowing systems.

    > That is why I asked you please to help me and give me a short
    > introduction in c programming in windows and in the cvi development.

    Well you need to go to:
    1. A different newsgroup (probably one with win32 in the name).
    2. A good textbook on this subject.
    3. C++ (I've found more textbooks with this language.)

    > PS: Please excuse my worse English !

    No problem. Sounds like a language barrier.

    --
    Andrew Poelstra <http://www.wpsoftware.net>
    For email, use 'apoelstra' at the above site.
    Andrew Poelstra, Nov 6, 2006