help for JTabbedPane

shoa

Hello all
I have a JTabbedPanel. By defaut, when a tab is selected, the tab color is
changed to lightGray. I tried to change that color to another color (pink
for example), it does not work.

I have the code for the Tab that is selected:

tablePanel.setForegroundAt(selectIndex, Color.red);
tablePanel.setBackgroundAt(selectIndex, Color.pink);

with this code, only Foreground is changed to red, not the Background.

Could you please help
Thank you