HELP FOR passing the parameters from 1.asp to 2.asp then to 2.html

SpiderSwamy

Hi all,

I want to pass the value of a field from 1.asp to 2.asp like SSO ID:
123456 this field is there in 1.asp and 2.asp do the form validation
and SSO ID: field is there in the 2.html

I don't want to fill the SSO ID field of 2.html it should get populated

by itself. ( that is the value entered in 1.asp should appear in
2.html.)

1.asp is redirected to 2.asp which does validation and then redirected
to 2.html

I think we can pass the parameter with the help of Query String can u
help me regarding this..

Thanks all

Mike Brind

SpiderSwamy said:
Hi all,

I want to pass the value of a field from 1.asp to 2.asp like SSO ID:
123456 this field is there in 1.asp and 2.asp do the form validation
and SSO ID: field is there in the 2.html

I don't want to fill the SSO ID field of 2.html it should get populated

by itself. ( that is the value entered in 1.asp should appear in
2.html.)

1.asp is redirected to 2.asp which does validation and then redirected
to 2.html

I think we can pass the parameter with the help of Query String can u
help me regarding this..

Thanks all

You would have to use client side code (javascript) to parse the
querystring in 2.html and populate the field that way. So 2.asp would
redirect to 2.html?SSOID=<value>.

Google "parse querystring javascript", or ask in comp.lang.javascript