HELP FOR passing the parameters from 1.asp to 2.asp then to 2.html

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by SpiderSwamy, Apr 19, 2006.

  1. SpiderSwamy

    SpiderSwamy Guest

    Hi all,

    I want to pass the value of a field from 1.asp to 2.asp like SSO ID:
    123456 this field is there in 1.asp and 2.asp do the form validation
    and SSO ID: field is there in the 2.html

    I don't want to fill the SSO ID field of 2.html it should get populated

    by itself. ( that is the value entered in 1.asp should appear in
    2.html.)

    1.asp is redirected to 2.asp which does validation and then redirected
    to 2.html

    I think we can pass the parameter with the help of Query String can u
    help me regarding this..

    Thanks all

    SpiderSwamy, Apr 19, 2006

  2. SpiderSwamy

    Mike Brind Guest

    SpiderSwamy wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I want to pass the value of a field from 1.asp to 2.asp like SSO ID:
    > 123456 this field is there in 1.asp and 2.asp do the form validation
    > and SSO ID: field is there in the 2.html
    >

    > I don't want to fill the SSO ID field of 2.html it should get populated
    >
    > by itself. ( that is the value entered in 1.asp should appear in
    > 2.html.)
    >

    > 1.asp is redirected to 2.asp which does validation and then redirected
    > to 2.html
    >

    > I think we can pass the parameter with the help of Query String can u
    > help me regarding this..
    >

    > Thanks all

    You would have to use client side code (javascript) to parse the
    querystring in 2.html and populate the field that way. So 2.asp would
    redirect to 2.html?SSOID=<value>.

    Google "parse querystring javascript", or ask in comp.lang.javascript

    --
    Mike Brind

    Mike Brind, Apr 19, 2006