help for properties persistence

LucaP

Hi. I'm developing a WebControl that uses the following custom attributes:

[ParseChildren(false), PersistChildren(false)]

I'm using ParseChildren(false), because i've got two collection properties
that use the following custom attributes:

[NotifyParentProperty(true),
PersistenceMode(PersistenceMode.InnerProperty),
DesignerSerializationVisibility(DesignerSerializationVisibility.Content)]

The ASPX code produced by VS.NET is something like:

<cc:myControl>
<collection1>
<cc:innerControl id="innerControl11"/>
<cc:innerControl id="innerControl12"/>
</collection1>
<collection2>
<cc:innerControl id="innerControl21"/>
<cc:innerControl id="innerControl22"/>
</collection1>
</cc:myControl>

The problem is that i need the persistence of another property that isn't a
collection.
The property is a class derived from Control:

private SimpleControlClass simpleControl;
public SimpleControlClass SimpleControl
{
get
{
if (simpleControl == null)
simpleControl = new SimpleControlClass();
return simpleControl;

How can i have the persistence of this property?
I need an ASPX code like:

<cc:myControl>
<cc:SimpleControlClass Property1="SampleProperty"/>
<collection1>
<cc:innerControl id="innerControl11"/>
<cc:innerControl id="innerControl12"/>
</collection1>
<collection2>
<cc:innerControl id="innerControl21"/>
<cc:innerControl id="innerControl22"/>
</collection1>
</cc:myControl>

Could you help me, please?

Thanx a lot.

Natty Gur

Hi,

you can persiste simple property as your control tag attribute (same as
font) by decorating propery with DesignerSerializationVisibility.Content

[
DesignerSerializationVisibility(
DesignerSerializationVisibility.Content),
NotifyParentProperty(true)
]
public FontInfo Font { ... }

HTH