Help for solving Tomcat Related Error

dmpy.it

Hello Friends,
I need help for doing program using Tomcat servlet.
Actually, i am working on program in which servlet collects input from
form, including first name, second name. and Display the output to the
user.

In this program i am getting typical error from the tomcat.

HTTP Status 503 - This application is not currently available

type Status report

message This application is not currently available

description The requested service (This application is not currently
available) is not currently available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.13.

Please let me know what is the best way to solve this problem.

Thanks,

dmpy

bencoe

Hello Friends,
I need help for doing program using Tomcat servlet.
Actually, i am working on program in which servlet collects input from
form, including first name, second name. and Display the output to the
user.

In this program i am getting typical error from the tomcat.

HTTP Status 503 - This application is not currently available

type Status report

message This application is not currently available

description The requested service (This application is not currently
available) is not currently available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.13.

Please let me know what is the best way to solve this problem.

Thanks,

dmpy

Silly question, but are any of your servlets up and running properly?
Secondly, have you edited the web.xml file to appropriately point to
the class you're trying to run?

Lew

Silly question, but are any of your servlets up and running properly?
Secondly, have you edited the web.xml file to appropriately point to
the class you're trying to run?

For that matter, have you deployed your app to Tomcat? Any error messages
when you did?

What does the Tomcat manager app show as the status for your app?

dmpy.it

thanks people,
I was finally able to solve that problem after finding the
errors at startup. It seems Textpad was loading older version
of .class files, and this created type mismatch

thanks,

dmpy