HELP Generating ConnectionString Property from the Designer

Christopher Calhoun

This functionality is implemented in the SQLConnection control in the
connectionstring property. I am Building a custom control from an inherited
base class. (datagrid)

I have exposed a property for a connectionstring which I want the user of
this control to be able to use the way the connectionstring property is
implemented in the designer for the SQLConnection control.

Does anyone know how to invoke the designer property dropdown functionality
that builds a connection string from DataLinks?

Any help on this is GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

John Saunders

Christopher Calhoun said:
This functionality is implemented in the SQLConnection control in the
connectionstring property. I am Building a custom control from an inherited
base class. (datagrid)

I have exposed a property for a connectionstring which I want the user of
this control to be able to use the way the connectionstring property is
implemented in the designer for the SQLConnection control.

Does anyone know how to invoke the designer property dropdown functionality
that builds a connection string from DataLinks?

Christopher,

I don't have an answer for you (seems to be a trend today), but I do want to
mention that we use a control that has a connection string property. I hate
it! It's different from every other control we use. Instead of using a
connection string, this control should expose DataSource and DataMember
properties, "just like everyone else".

Now, perhaps your control actually needs to use a connection string and
cannot use a DataSource/DataMember pair.