    that builds a connection string from DataLinks?

    Any help on this is GREATLY appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

    Christopher Calhoun, Jan 22, 2004

  2. "Christopher Calhoun" <> wrote in message
    > This functionality is implemented in the SQLConnection control in the
    > connectionstring property. I am Building a custom control from an

    inherited
    > base class. (datagrid)
    >
    > I have exposed a property for a connectionstring which I want the user of
    > this control to be able to use the way the connectionstring property is
    > implemented in the designer for the SQLConnection control.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to invoke the designer property dropdown

    functionality
    > that builds a connection string from DataLinks?

    Christopher,

    I don't have an answer for you (seems to be a trend today), but I do want to
    mention that we use a control that has a connection string property. I hate
    it! It's different from every other control we use. Instead of using a
    connection string, this control should expose DataSource and DataMember
    properties, "just like everyone else".

    Now, perhaps your control actually needs to use a connection string and
    cannot use a DataSource/DataMember pair.
    --
    John Saunders
    John.Saunders at SurfControl.com

    John Saunders, Jan 22, 2004