Help Getting some VHDL code

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Peter, May 25, 2011.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Hi I am trying to learn VHDL on modem design

    Where could I get the hdl code (I think it would be easy to learn form
    a already made code) for doing PSK modulation?

    Additionally I am looking for

    Communications ports

    -Serial, USB, Ethernet,

    Memory

    Microcontroller for DSP purpose
    -CPU

    DSP - Filtering

    Other Digital modulations

    Thank you in advance for your help!

    Peter, May 25, 2011

  2. Peter

    rickman Guest

    On May 24, 7:48 pm, Peter <> wrote:
    > Hi I am trying to learn VHDL on modem design
    >
    > Where could I get the hdl code (I think it would be easy to learn form
    > a already made code) for doing PSK modulation?
    >
    > Additionally I am looking for
    >
    > Communications ports
    >
    > -Serial, USB, Ethernet,
    >
    > Memory
    >
    > Microcontroller for DSP purpose
    >         -CPU
    >
    > DSP - Filtering
    >
    > Other Digital modulations
    >
    > Thank you in advance for your help!

    Opencores is a place to start for existing code. But looking at
    existing code is not a good way or even a viable way of learning modem
    design. Some of it you can learn from books. But there will be a lot
    you need to learn from others. Then you will do well to post in
    comp.dsp to ask specific questions. You are trying to learn a field
    that is large and complex. Don't expect it to happen overnight.

    Rick

    rickman, May 25, 2011

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    On May 25, 1:49 pm, rickman <> wrote:
    > On May 24, 7:48 pm, Peter <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hi I am trying to learn VHDL on modem design

    > > Where could I get the hdl code (I think it would be easy to learn form
    > > a already made code) for doing PSK modulation?

    > > Additionally I am looking for

    > > Communications ports

    > > -Serial, USB, Ethernet,

    > > Memory

    > > Microcontroller for DSP purpose
    > >         -CPU

    > > DSP - Filtering

    > > Other Digital modulations

    > > Thank you in advance for your help!

    > Opencores is a place to start for existing code.  But looking at
    > existing code is not a good way or even a viable way of learning modem
    > design.  Some of it you can learn from books.  But there will be a lot
    > you need to learn from others.  Then you will do well to post in
    > comp.dsp to ask specific questions.  You are trying to learn a field
    > that is large and complex.  Don't expect it to happen overnight.
    >
    > Rick

    Thanks Rick for giving a input!

    I've already came across that website before when I was looking for
    DDS. it it Opencores.org?

    Have you got any code and material that could I use to learn?

    I would like to get my hard on these books: (have you got any of
    those?)

    The student's guide to VHDL by Peter J. Ashenden
    System-on-a-chip: design and test by Rochit Rajsuman
    Applications of VHDL to circuit design By Randolph E. Harr, Alec G.
    Stanculescu
    The electronic design automation handbook By Dirk Jansen
    Electronic engineering, Volume 68, Issues 835-840
    VHDL-2008: just the new stuff By Peter J. Ashenden, Jim Lewis
    Proceedings of the 2009 International Conference on Signals, Syatems
    and ... By Himanshu Soni
    Software defined radio: origins, drivers, and international
    perspectives By Wally H. W. Tuttlebee
    Analog circuit design: structured mixed-mode design, multi-bit sigma-
    delta ... By Michiel Steyaert, Arthur H. M. van Roermund, Johan
    Customizable embedded processors: design technologies and applications
    By Paolo Ienne, Rainer Leupers
    New Data Formats for DSP Applications By Manuel Richey
    Signal processing in telecommunications: proceedings of the 7th
    International Thyrrhenian Workshop on Digital Communications,
    Viareggio, Italy, September 10-14, 1995, Volume 1995 by Ezio Biglieri,
    Marco Luise
    Software radio architecture: object-oriented approaches to wireless
    systems ... By Joseph Mitola
    VHDL user's forum in Europe : SIG-VHDL Spring'97 working conference,
    Toledo ... By Fédération internationale pour le traitement de

    Delta-Sigma
    Understanding Delta-Sigma Data Converters by R. Schreier, G
    Delta Sigma Data Converters: Theory, Design and Simulation by R.
    Schreier, G. Temes, S
    Oversampling Delta-Sigma Data Converters: Theory, Design and
    Simulation James C. Candy, Gabor C
    The system designer's guide to VHDL-AMS: analog, mixed-signal, and
    mixed ... By Peter J. Ashenden, Gregory D. Peterson, Darrell A

    Peter, May 25, 2011
  4. Peter

    Peter Guest

    On May 25, 1:49 pm, rickman <> wrote:
    > On May 24, 7:48 pm, Peter <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hi I am trying to learn VHDL on modem design

    > > Where could I get the hdl code (I think it would be easy to learn form
    > > a already made code) for doing PSK modulation?

    > > Additionally I am looking for

    > > Communications ports

    > > -Serial, USB, Ethernet,

    > > Memory

    > > Microcontroller for DSP purpose
    > >         -CPU

    > > DSP - Filtering

    > > Other Digital modulations

    > > Thank you in advance for your help!

    > Opencores is a place to start for existing code.  But looking at
    > existing code is not a good way or even a viable way of learning modem
    > design.  Some of it you can learn from books.  But there will be a lot
    > you need to learn from others.  Then you will do well to post in
    > comp.dsp to ask specific questions.  You are trying to learn a field
    > that is large and complex.  Don't expect it to happen overnight.
    >
    > Rick

    Thanks Rick for giving an input!

    Peter, May 25, 2011
  5. Peter

    vcraft

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2011
    Messages:
    7
    Please google

    "clifford cummings snug"
    or
    "clifford cummings sunburst"

    probably the most wise guy among those oines who write anything on digital circuits design. Please know the top craftmen have no time for writing ...

    cheers
    vcraft

    vcraft, May 26, 2011
  6. Peter

    Tricky Guest

    On May 25, 11:30 pm, Peter <> wrote:
> [...]

    >  International Thyrrhenian Workshop on Digital Communications,
    >  Viareggio, Italy, September 10-14, 1995, Volume 1995 by Ezio
    > Biglieri,
    >  Marco Luise
    >  Software radio architecture: object-oriented approaches to wireless
    >  systems ... By Joseph Mitola
    >  VHDL user's forum in Europe : SIG-VHDL Spring'97 working conference,
    >  Toledo ... By Fédération internationale pour le traitement de
    >
    > Delta-Sigma
    >  Understanding Delta-Sigma Data Converters by R. Schreier, G
    >  Delta Sigma Data Converters: Theory, Design and Simulation by R.
    >  Schreier, G. Temes, S
    >  Oversampling Delta-Sigma Data Converters: Theory, Design and
    >  Simulation James C. Candy, Gabor C
    >  The system designer's guide to VHDL-AMS: analog, mixed-signal, and
    >  mixed ... By Peter J. Ashenden, Gregory D. Peterson, Darrell A

    Have you tried checking amazon.com? Or your local library?

    Tricky, May 26, 2011