HELP HELP HELP

Usman

Hello everyone,
I am a freshmen at a computer university and also new to C++ . I havent used
C before either but been through PASCAL and GW-BASIC. Can someone
please tell me the link to download the C++ compiler which can run on my
Windows XP Professional Edition. Thanks. ByE.

Yours forever in Digital Paradise
uSmAn

Allan Bruce

Usman said:
Hello everyone,
I am a freshmen at a computer university and also new to C++ . I havent used
C before either but been through PASCAL and GW-BASIC. Can someone
please tell me the link to download the C++ compiler which can run on my
Windows XP Professional Edition. Thanks. ByE.

Yours forever in Digital Paradise
uSmAn

search in google for "bloodshed dev-cpp"
Allan

p.s. this is off-topic for this group, check out the FAQ if in doubt

Yannick Le goc

Usman said:
Hello everyone,
I am a freshmen at a computer university and also new to C++ . I havent used
C before either but been through PASCAL and GW-BASIC. Can someone
please tell me the link to download the C++ compiler which can run on my
Windows XP Professional Edition. Thanks. ByE.

Yours forever in Digital Paradise
uSmAn
microsoft .NET 2003 is not free, unless you use the education version,
but anyway you cannot download it. If you just need to use a compiler
for education purpose, I think dev-C++ is an interesting one
(downloadable for free, easy to install). You can find it at
http://www.bloodshed.net/

Yannick

Thomas Matthews

Usman said:
Hello everyone,
I am a freshmen at a computer university and also new to C++ . I havent used
C before either but been through PASCAL and GW-BASIC. Can someone
please tell me the link to download the C++ compiler which can run on my
Windows XP Professional Edition. Thanks. ByE.

Yours forever in Digital Paradise
uSmAn

Search in Google for "Cygwin" and "Gnu Compiler".

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

Chrisw

Usman said:
Hello everyone,
I am a freshmen at a computer university and also new to C++ . I havent used
C before either but been through PASCAL and GW-BASIC. Can someone
please tell me the link to download the C++ compiler which can run on my
Windows XP Professional Edition. Thanks. ByE.

Borland offers a free trial of c++ builder via download

- Chris

Usman

THANKS everyone for taking part in the thread and helping me out.
I was lucky enough because the same day I posted this thread my
friend got a copy of C++ borland for me on a CD and that helped me
a lot. Anyways , I again thank you all for helping me out on it.