Help !!! HierarGrid Problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Kalyan, Jul 15, 2005.

  1. Kalyan

    Kalyan Guest

    Hi all,

    Im using the HierarGrid control provided by Denis Bauer at
    http://www.denisbauer.com/ASPNETControls/HierarGridDemo.aspx

    I am having problems when tryin to implement in my application.

    I updated the code accordingly and created datarelations amoung the
    dataset.

    It throws me something like a javascript error ('object expected' )
    when I click on the '+' symbol to drill down.

    I know that this problem is because I am calling this page in an DIV
    tag of the Main page. When I used it as a separate page, it works like
    a charm. but, I need it in the Div Tag.

    The Code Im using to post the page in the Div tag is:

    p.open("POST", "case.aspx",false); // case.aspx has the
    //HierarGrid Control
    p.setRequestHeader("Content-Type",
    "application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
    p.send(null);

    var oCell = GetTagByID("case");
    oCell.innerHTML = p.responseText; // Getting the response
    // from the case.aspx
    // page and displaying in
    the MainPage.

    This may be similar to the problem when you are using frames or
    IFrames. but I dont know what it might be.
    Do anyone know where the problem might me...Any insight is
    appreciated..

    Thanks a lot in advance.
    Regards,
    Kalyan.