Help - How to create new roles and assign users to each role

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Jena, Nov 3, 2004.

  1. Jena

    Jena Guest

    Hi everybody,
    I've seen many examples of web.config file where I can give permission to
    users or roles, for example:

    <authorization>
    <deny users="?" />
    <allow users="*" />
    <allow roles="admin"/>
    </authorization>

    I want to use "form autentication" but I don't know how to create a role and
    how assign a user to one or more roles.

    Can anybody help me?

    Thanks a lot

    Bye, Jena
    Jena, Nov 3, 2004

  2. Jena

    SuslovN Guest

    There is a good article about using roles authentication in ASp.net at

    Nikolay

    SuslovN, Nov 3, 2004