    akn Guest

    Help. I need to load Excel file from client into a database in asp, before
    possible length).

    akn, Nov 19, 2004

  2. You can try using this: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224351

    I don't know what you mean about width of length of a file though...
    <%
    Dim oDSO, oProps
    Set oDSO = CreateObject("DSOleFile.PropertyReader")
    Set oProps = oDSO.GetDocumentProperties("C:\path\to\file.xls")

    Response.Write oProps.Version

    Set oProps = Nothing
    Set oDSO = Nothing
    %>

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Nov 19, 2004

  3. akn

    akn Guest

    Ray,
    Thanks for the help. It works if the file in on the server side, how to use
    the component (DSOleFile) with the file on the client side? Also how can I
    calculate the width of the file. (Page set up - Landscape or porrait).

    akn, Nov 29, 2004