Help. How to find Excel file width and file version

akn

Help. I need to load Excel file from client into a database in asp, before
possible length).

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

You can try using this: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224351

I don't know what you mean about width of length of a file though...
<%
Dim oDSO, oProps
Set oDSO = CreateObject("DSOleFile.PropertyReader")
Set oProps = oDSO.GetDocumentProperties("C:\path\to\file.xls")

Response.Write oProps.Version

Set oProps = Nothing
Set oDSO = Nothing
%>

Ray at work

akn

Ray,
Thanks for the help. It works if the file in on the server side, how to use
the component (DSOleFile) with the file on the client side? Also how can I
calculate the width of the file. (Page set up - Landscape or porrait).