HELP! How to handle Session Restart on Logon

Harry Simpson

Got a web app with a Log on screen. Right now I'm using cookieless session
state with a timeout of 20 minutes.

How can i avoid a situation where the user comes to a logon screen after the
session times out (back from lunch etc) and doesn't really understand why
after they enter their id and password and click the submit button, the
session restarts and they have to logon again.

Anyone out there fought this battle and won??

TIA much,

Harry

Marina

If they user is already on the logon screen - why would them entering their
username and password not be enough? Why would they have to do this again?

Guenther Liebowitz

Duh! Ever heard of a session timeout silly? They timed out on their lunch
break. If they just hadn't had that desert they wouldn't have timed out.

Harry Simpson

Education is great - but not an alternative. Look what it did for George
W!!
Basically i need a way to show a message, even a clientside message to the
user to F5 or refresh their browser before trying to enter in info into the
displayed browser logon screen. That way they won't enter ID and password
and not find out their session ended until after they click the submit
button.

TIA
Harry

Guenther Liebowitz

Harry Simpson said:
Education is great - but not an alternative. Look what it did for George
W!!

I think your first name should be Bart instead of Harry. I see why your
users can't figure it out.
Maybe you ALL need some training.