Help! How to list all client-side printers???

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by SD, Apr 28, 2005.

  1. SD

    SD Guest

    Hi,

    I've been searching all over the place but can't find a routine (asp, java,
    vbscript) that can help me populate a dropdown list that contains all the
    printers installed on the users workstation.

    The reason why I need this done it's because I have a report that can be
    viewed to screen or printed directly to the printer, so when they select
    this choice I need to be able to let them choose the printer they want to
    use.

    The report is a Crystal report V10. And yes, the user can print from the
    Crystal report on screen but doing that would make the application pretty
    useless.

    Thank you for your help!

    SD, Apr 28, 2005

  2. SD

    Bruce Barker Guest

    there is no supported way to do this short of an active/x control due to
    security.

    note: a .net active/x control would need require the user increase its
    secuirty setting beyond the default.

    -- bruce

    Bruce Barker, Apr 28, 2005