Help: How to make ASP pages work in the ASP.NET application?

Quentin Huo

Hi:

Since I installed the ASP.NET, the ASP page cannot work anymore, even the
ASP page is a simple page like "Hello, World" page. (but ASP.NET pages works
well)

What can I do to make an ASP page work in the ASP.NET application?

Thanks

Q.

John Saunders

Quentin Huo said:
Hi:

Since I installed the ASP.NET, the ASP page cannot work anymore, even the
ASP page is a simple page like "Hello, World" page. (but ASP.NET pages works
well)

What can I do to make an ASP page work in the ASP.NET application?

What exactly happens when the ASP page "cannot work anymore"? Please supply
details.

Quentin Huo

Hi:

My test page is very simple:

<% @Language = "JScript" %>
<head>
<title>tryAspPage</title>
</head>
<%Response.Write("hello")%><br>

When I tried to access it by http://localhost/tryAspPage.asp, I got HTTP 500
Internal serevr error:

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be
displayed.

Thank you very much!
Q.

John Saunders

Quentin Huo said:
Hi:

My test page is very simple:

<% @Language = "JScript" %>
<head>
<title>tryAspPage</title>
</head>
<%Response.Write("hello")%><br>

When I tried to access it by http://localhost/tryAspPage.asp, I got HTTP 500
Internal serevr error:

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be
displayed.

Quentin, it would be useful to see the actual, complete error you get back.
In particular, I'm wondering if it's a ASP.NET error or an IIS error.

Quentin Huo

Hi:

Here is the error message:

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot
be displayed.

Please try the following:

a.. Open the localhost home page, and then look for links to the
information you want.
b.. Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

c.. Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
d.. You can also see a list of related sites.

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

Thanks

Q.

John Saunders

Quentin Huo said:
Hi:

Here is the error message:

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot
be displayed.

Please try the following:

a.. Open the localhost home page, and then look for links to the
information you want.
b.. Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

c.. Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
d.. You can also see a list of related sites.

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

This looks like the standard IIS 500 page. This suggests that this is not an
ASP.NET problem. I suggest you look in the OS event log to see if any
problems were noted.