    Any suggested literature/apps for doing this?
    Thanks,
    Chris

    chris kramer, Apr 8, 2004

  2. On 8 Apr 2004 10:22:15 -0700, chris kramer wrote:

    > If I am running a signed applet on my machine such as Marketcaster by
    > Etrade,

    If that is the case, you will probably find
    you are subject to a user agreement for the
    use of the service/software, as might be expressed in..
    <https://us.etrade.com/e/t/estation/help?id=201110000&traxui=F_FN#etbrokserv>

    Part 5(f) of which states (in part)..
    "..I agree not to use (or allow another person to use)
    any software, program, application or other device,
    directly or indirectly, to access or obtain information
    through the Service or to automate the process of
    accessing or obtaining such information."

    So, simple answer, you're not allowed to.

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Apr 8, 2004

  3. chris kramer

    chris kramer Guest

    Andrew Thompson <> wrote in message
    > Part 5(f) of which states (in part)..
    > "..I agree not to use (or allow another person to use)
    > any software, program, application or other device,
    > directly or indirectly, to access or obtain information
    > through the Service or to automate the process of
    > accessing or obtaining such information."
    >
    > So, simple answer, you're not allowed to.

    Thanks Andrew, I had thought of that and looked it up also.
    There is at least one commercially available system that is using that
    same stream. Maybe they have special permission? Personally, if there
    is data anywhere in the memory of my PC, I consider it mine. So back
    to the question...
    would anyone know how to get the values from this applet?

    chris kramer, Apr 8, 2004
  4. chris kramer

    marcus Guest

    Wow -- You own Windows and Norton and Adobe and all that stuff? cool!
    Can I buy copies from you?

    marcus, Apr 9, 2004
  5. Andrew Thompson <> wrote in message news:<1cnzn3r5cconz$>...
    > On 8 Apr 2004 10:22:15 -0700, chris kramer wrote:
    >
    > > If I am running a signed applet on my machine such as Marketcaster by
    > > Etrade,

    > If that is the case, you will probably find
    > you are subject to a user agreement for the
    > use of the service/software, as might be expressed in..
    > <https://us.etrade.com/e/t/estation/help?id=201110000&traxui=F_FN#etbrokserv>
    >
    > Part 5(f) of which states (in part)..
    > "..I agree not to use (or allow another person to use)
    > any software, program, application or other device,
    > directly or indirectly, to access or obtain information
    > through the Service or to automate the process of
    > accessing or obtaining such information."
    >
    > So, simple answer, you're not allowed to.

    Of course not. According to this paragraph, he's not allowed to run
    the Marketcaster software at all. Which is why I have trouble taking
    EULAs seriously.

    Karl von Laudermann, Apr 9, 2004
  6. chris kramer

    chris kramer Guest

    > "..I agree not to use (or allow another person to use)
    > > any software, program, application or other device,
    > > directly or indirectly, to access or obtain information
    > > through the Service or to automate the process of
    > > accessing or obtaining such information."
    > >
    > > So, simple answer, you're not allowed to.

    > Of course not. According to this paragraph, he's not allowed to run
    > the Marketcaster software at all. Which is why I have trouble taking
    > EULAs seriously.

    LOL. Why thanks Karl, some actual support.. I'm not trying to do
    anything bad, or even alter a program, just get some data that I am
    being given.
    Ok, maybe my statement was too broad, I feel entitled to the 'data' in
    memory and the not the functions or copywrited elements therein. (hey
    i used to work in software till all the jobs left this
    country/citizenry, god forbid i mess with their incomes.)

    chris kramer, Apr 9, 2004