    a little more difficult. Are there any scripts I could put into the
    website that would disable this? Again...I understand there are plenty
    of ways around this. Thanks for any help.
    Joseph Arseneau, Sep 8, 2005

  2. Disabling print (was Re: help if you can?)

    Joseph Arseneau wrote:

    Try to provide more useful subjects.

    > Hi, I am trying to disable the print feature and the print screen
    > feature while viewers are visiting certain areas of my site.

    Impossible.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Sep 8, 2005

  3. Re: Disabling print (was Re: help if you can?)

    If it cannot be done, do you have any suggestions in which I can do
    that might help?
    Joseph Arseneau, Sep 8, 2005
  4. Re: Disabling print (was Re: help if you can?)

    Joseph Arseneau wrote:

    When replying on Usenet, please quote using Usenet conventions.
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~wijnands/nnq/nquote.html
    http://www.ah61.com/Quoting/googlequote.html

    > If it cannot be done, do you have any suggestions in which I can do
    > that might help?

    Let the user access the website like any other (that includes print and
    screenshots). Make use of copyright law if they do anything you don't like
    and is prohibited by such.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Sep 8, 2005
  5. Joseph Arseneau

    Amos E Wolfe Guest

    "Joseph Arseneau" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I am trying to disable the print feature and the print screen
    > feature while viewers are visiting certain areas of my site. I
    > understand this is not 100 percent secure, I just would like to make it
    > a little more difficult. Are there any scripts I could put into the
    > website that would disable this? Again...I understand there are plenty
    > of ways around this. Thanks for any help.

    Assuming you have a good reason for wanting to do this, why not set the
    default text colour in the print stylesheet to #ffffff ?

    I don't know anybody who has white ink in their printer - and even if they
    did it wouldn't show up on white paper.

    --
    -=# Amos E Wolfe #=-
    AIM: Traindriver9334
    Amos E Wolfe, Sep 9, 2005
  6. Joseph Arseneau

    Sid Ismail Guest

    Re: Disabling print (was Re: help if you can?)

    On 8 Sep 2005 13:55:47 -0700, "Joseph Arseneau" <>
    wrote:

    : If it cannot be done, do you have any suggestions in which I can do
    : that might help?
    :

    Maybe try this-

    @media print
    {
    ..noprint{visibility : hidden;}
    }

    and right on top, have <div class=noprint>
    and at the bottom </div>

    Or make it more difficult, and have an external stylesheet:
    <LINK rel="stylesheet" type"text/css" href="print.css" media="print">

    But that doesn't stop the smarter user from saving the html and
    manipulating the code.

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Sep 9, 2005
  7. Re: Disabling print (was Re: help if you can?)

    Sid Ismail wrote:
    > Maybe try this-
    >
    > @media print
    > {
    > .noprint{visibility : hidden;}
    > }
    >
    > and right on top, have <div class=noprint>
    > and at the bottom </div>

    Er, why wouldn't you just style body?
    Leif K-Brooks, Sep 9, 2005
  8. Re: Disabling print (was Re: help if you can?)

    Leif K-Brooks wrote:

    > Sid Ismail wrote:
    >
    >>Maybe try this-
    >>
    >>@media print
    >>{
    >>.noprint{visibility : hidden;}
    >>}
    >>
    >>and right on top, have <div class=noprint>
    >>and at the bottom </div>

    > Er, why wouldn't you just style body?

    BODY { display: none; }

    Yes simpler but very easy to circumvent.

    Better solution to use media with rights management like PDF where you
    can password protect printing of document

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO